Dating sucks

by Stacy Smith 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

OK I'm having a pity party. I don't usually date much. I prefer going out with a group rather than just a single person. But this guy has been pestering me for a couple of weeks and he seems nice. He's cute, full time student and works partime. Even has a nice car. So he's ahead of the game as far as the usual guy that asks me out.

So an hour before the date I get a call asking if he could beg off for tonight because some "serious stuff" came up. Yeah right, sure it did. He went with another buddy of mine to Tahoe for the weekend. That sounded serious enough. So not long after he canceled he found out I had talked to the mutal friend and that he had been busted. He calls back and wants to know if I'm really pissed or not.

I said I wasn't pissed even a little bit but instead annoyed. I don't like making plans and having them screwed up. I told him we can hang out as we have already but that dating is out of the question and of course so is the great sex I had planned for him tonight. He said the F word right about then.

It's good to mess with his head isn't it?

Anyway the pity party will end soon. I'm going on a nice mountain bike ride near Santa Cruz tomorrow and then I'll head up highway 1 to home after that.

no more dates, too much of a distraction

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

So just sleep around, it gets the job done without all the emotional attachment.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    So just sleep around, it gets the job done without all the emotional attachment.

Hey if they aren't going to even show up I'll never be able to sleep around

Emotional attachment isn't really on my to do list. I was just looking for some laughs. School honestly is my top priority.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Good for you!!! For so long going to school was considered a no-no (my parents raised us with that belief), so I think it's great that it has the most importance!!!

Hey if they aren't going to even show up I'll never be able to sleep around

LOL, well there's always more fish in the sea, and some will wander willingly into your net!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Stacy, perhaps you should just date women. Not that they are any better.

Robyn

• Mac
    Mac

A date that sucks is bad....no, wait...a date that sucks is good....? Could I have context here before going any further?

mac

• Maverick
    Maverick

A guy who breaks dates? Wow, so I guess we men aren't the only ones who get our hearts stomped in these situations. This guy's a big time player, he did you a favor. As a rule, when they break a date, especially early in the relationship, they are history! They got no r e s p e c t ! And that is because you are not important to them! But unlike the ladies, who know the score, most men will try again,(ego). When he calls again, and he will, have some fun. Warning: He is full of do do, so believe nothing he says, and give him nothing but frustration and grief! Maverick

• rocketman
    rocketman

The whole problem here is that the perfect guy for you - that would be me of course - is unavailable, so you are settling for less.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Does this guy have a huge L on his forehead? If he doesn't, he should.

Sorry to hear about this guy, but the bike ride sounds like fun, and I hope you find someone soon that really appreciates you.

Good luck!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Just messin' w ya'll Stacy.

I hope you do meet up with a nice guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit