Chinese food, ADDICTIVE

by Beans 40 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

Hamas,

I did not have the opportunity to "listen to it or not". Your ugly words sprang out of a Chinese Food thread.

Yes, you offend me. Yes you call people racial names, yes you have been mean lately, and YES I am hostile to those types of statements.

I have no desire to hijack this thread, my apologies to the author of the original poster.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Then sue me

• Special K
    Special K

Man oh Man

Another topic taken over .. by someone..

backing out of this one too....

special K

• jwbot
    jwbot

"Just as a matter of interest which of these are considered offensive/racist? British -- Brit -- Limey (Australians would say Pommie) American = Yank Chink - Chinese Nip = Japanese Scots = Jocks Irish = Micks Frog = French Kraut ( pronounced Crout) = German Hispanic - Spik (this I think is bad? but not sure) Please do not delete this Simon --it is not meant to be offensive it is just an enquiry -- which is bad which is not? Sorry if we are off topic"

I think it is more in the WAY they are used. They are usually meant to degrade. If someone called me a "Yank", well thats just silly, but if someone called me a "stupid yank" then its offensive. If someone went on generalizing americans using the word "yank", then I consider that offensive too. I usually ignore such things though, but I try to defend others...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Brit is just short for British. It is not offensive one bit. The stigma attached to the word "nigger" is extremely offensive in most countries. I don't know about the word Chink because I don't know enough about the Chinese. I certainly wouldn't use the word if I was unsure.

• Panda
    Panda

In China I never heard of anyone eating a cat. So that story is probably one of those racist urban legends. The kind of stuff they used to say about witches eating babies or Jews eating babies. Not a nice thing to spread around.

In China there are some big rodents raised to eat (similar to guinea pigs eaten in Peru) also there are certain dogs (not someones pet) raised for meat, and snakes too. Pork in China is very different than US pork (tasty) the beef is different too (gamie). Chinese people would no more eat a back alley rat or cat or dog than you or me.

In the west we raise certain rabbits to eat. And frogs and snakes. Some people eat emu and buffalo or beefalo.

If you like dim sum you would like other Chinese food. AND in China you can order or purchase food w/o MSG.

Sushi is Japanese not Chinese. Chinese people like their food cooked and hot. If the temperature isn't right they'll send it back to the kitchen. No raw meat at all. Congealed blood is very popular, though I doubt you could get it here.

The absolute best abd freshest doufu is Chinese. No contest. I miss the doufu, especially at the buddhist restaurants which do not serve meat or fish.

As for spicy(la) try some mapo doufu (pronounced ma paw doe fu) ; oh man its the best. Lots of lachi (spicy food) in central China. Really crumby food at tourist centers and train stations ...

I don't want MSG = bu yao MSG or wo(pronounced war) bu yao MSG

I don't want meat= bu yao rou or wo bu yao rou (pronounced roe)

I wish I had a way to get my Chines character on here so you'd see how it looks on the menu!

WO AI NIMEN, XIONG MAO (Panda)

• Panda
    Panda

Oh BTW Chinese people are especially offended by Chinaman or Chink. They prefer to be called by their proper title of Zhong guo ren ... considering that their country is Zhong Guo (the Middle Kingdom) this makes perfect sense.

• Dimples
    Dimples

I Chinese food. Yummy yummy for my tummy!

Dimples

• Dimples
    Dimples
    Chinks?????

Whats next, the "N" word?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!! Can't we all just get along and maybe even sing a song?

Just be nice to everyone...remember treat people how you want to be treated!

Let's share a little .

Dimples

• Beans
    Beans

I still like Chinese food no matter who makes it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit