Chinese food, ADDICTIVE

by Beans 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

Man I had some Chinese food tonight and it like must have an addictive chemical in it. I couldn't stop eating it. My first job was at a Chinese place washing dishes and I ate the stuff all the time then and never got sick of it then.

Perhaps it is demonized eh!

Beans

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

LOL, Beans, I hear ya! My first job was as a waitress at Chinese restaurant (very good one, too!), and after all the free meals, I thought I would never eat anything else! Only problem was, any food gets tiresome after a time! What's your favorite? I love General Tsao's Chicken, Peking Duck (a little rich, but in the good sense, like fine chocolate), and of course, the old standby, anything sweet-and-sour!

• Panda
    Panda

I too love Chinese food. However, the stuff I like is real Chinese not Westernized. If you could see the fantastic vegetables in China you'd scoop them up everyday for something new and fresh to eat. You even choose your own duck or chicken... then come back a while later and it's ready to cook.

Yummy... Peking (Beijing) duck is great once a year. Chinese noodles are wonderful. And I love that sticky rice... and the bean paste.... Oh and those pancake thingys they sell on the streets in the AM...Yes Chinese food and people are addictive.

Panda

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    it like must have an addictive chemical in it.

Yeah! It's called MSG!

I used to think I liked Chinese food...until I tried Thai. Now it is my favorite kind of food. We rarely eat Chinese any more.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies
    However, the stuff I like is real Chinese not Westernized.

Yeah, I totally agree, the only thing is, I can't pronounce, let alone spell, more than half of my favorite chinese foods. I lived in SF for a while, and learned the true meaning of Chinese food!

• Xandria
    Xandria

My Faves.. Thai, Vietnamese ( Sis remember Kim Loans ?) , P. F. Changs ( yum yum dim sum, crumbled duck...), Samoan Dishes, Japanese Food...Sushi, Tempera,etc. Saki, Plum Wine, Thai Tea... :D And a couple of naughty fortune cookies..

X.

• Simon
    Simon

We have a China Town in Manchester and one of the top restaurants, the Cathay Dim Sum has a restaurant nearer to us.

Oh lordy, it's nice ! The kids love it too which is great

They do the whole Dim Sum starters and of course you have to have the crispy duck and pancakes don't you!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

We are all addictive of chinese food in the house my son, his girlfriend and I ... TOO GOOD !!! WICKED !!!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i've never really liked chinese food myself.

but i have to say i find the thought of frenchbabyface, her son and his g/f sitting at home eating chinese food to be really charming and adorable for some reason

• mouthy
    mouthy

I love Chinese food also.BUT ! I hate to pour cold water on all your remarks. There was a program on T.V. Which stated that Chinese restraunts were the most unclean when the inspections were done!!!!They had a placards put in the stores they inspected RED!was for unclean Yellow for caution Green for clean kitchens .That was in Toronto. Beans!!So watch the windows you eat at !!!!( just doing my good turn for the day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit