EMAIL OPRAH re Vicki

by Gizmo 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Maybe to add to the letter campaign you all can email The Oprah Show regarding Vicki.

Who knows where it will lead!

here's a link to her email

http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/email_reach_fromu.jhtml

• mouthy
    mouthy

Did that ..Thanks Gizmo

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks Gizmo!

I saved the address & will email today.

Btw, it would be better, imho, if you added this address to an existing thread with addresses? That way, when a person is looking to help Vicki - it'll be put more in the same place.

It's hard enough to find time to print, address & send letters & emails without having to search as to where we once saw the addresses..........and the threads keep moving!

Whatcha think, eh?

waiting

• berylblue
    berylblue

I am so prosaic; can someone give pointers on what to write? What do you feel are the most important issues?

• waiting
    waiting

Hey beryl,

Yeah, I know what you mean.......it's hard to get started. Then it's hard for me to stop rambling.

http://hometown.aol.ca/scullyxjw/vb-letters.html

This is the site Scully & Expatbrit put together with Uzzah's press release & Newpaper report.

Just print them out or put them in your email as a click (news report) .

Or just cut/paste from them.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED AN AREA WHERE ALL THIS INFORMATION IS TOGETHER!

ADDRESSES & SAMPLE LETTERS

• Gopher
    Gopher

I just sent my e-mail to the site. Here is the text. If anyone wants to use part of it or adapt it for their own letter, you have my consent.

Just remember -- the letter to Oprah cannot contain more than 2,000 characters.

Here is the letter:

Vicki Boer has a story that needs to be exposed so that travesties of justice like it will never occur again.

The basic facts: While growing up in the Jehovah?s Witness church, at about the age of 11, Vicki was sexually molested. This was made known to the elders of the church, who proceeded to cover it up.

More recently, Vicki brought suit against the Watchtower Society of Canada, the corporation that oversees the work of Jehovah?s Witnesses in Canada, including Ontario where Vicki is from.

She won the case, and was awarded a token $5,000. But because she wouldn?t accept a "hush money" settlement the Watchtower Society offered her in 2001, the Society set out on an outrageously vindictive course of action against Ms. Boer. They have demanded (and won) the unthinkable amount of $140,000 to recover their own legal fees since 2001. This judgment may be legally correct in Ontario, Canada, but it is morally outrageous.

By taking this course, the Society has re-victimized her.

This goes against the statement on the official Watchtower website (

www.watchtower.org ) that states that their "top priority is the victims". Far from protecting victims, the Watchtower Society has shown that their only goal is to silence the victims and destroy them financially should they try to obtain justice.

The Watchtower Society crushes abuse victims while covering up for child molesters to protect the image of their "religion".

This is not an isolated case. For other examples, and to contact someone who can reach Ms. Boer, please visit the website

www.silentlambs.org (which is devoted to hundreds of testimonies of Jehovah?s Witness sexual abuse victims).
  • shera
    shera

I already did that as well.

More the better,please send people.

• qua
    qua

btttt Bringing this to the top

• observador
    observador

I just sent her a message too.

This is what I sent:

Hello,
    I just heard of an awful case of a victim of sexual abuse who is being orderded to pay $142,000 to the defendants. Her name is Vicki Boer. I think something here is terribly wrong and would like very much to see her story told in your show. Here is a link to the story:
    http://www.recorder.ca/cp/national/030929/n0929181A.html

Note that I didn't send the link on that AOL page that Scully set up because I feel (from the link) they may quickly conclude that this may be just a bunch of xjw complaining.

And, instead of using Oprah's link above I used this: http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml

Observador.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Hi all,

Sorry haven't responded earlier to you waiting. Time zones and all you know...but whatever you guys want to do it's fine with me, you add the address to wherever or other posts you want waiting, no probs here, whatever helps.

Oprah has about 5 or 6 email addys, that's just the 1 I chose, but you guys do whatever you feel will assist, in getting this aired. Current affair programs too may want to know we have 2 here in OZ, Today Tonight, and ACA (a current affair), they mainly concentrate on local probs, but one never knows huh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit