Study Book

by Ding 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

What is the Watchtower's current study book?

Is it What Does the Bible Really Teach?

Is it What Can the Bible Teach Us?

Is it something else now?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Besides the two mentioned above + the 'Truth' book...what other main study books has this cult had?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The Greatest Man book?

The Revelation book?

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Before baptism, one must finish What Does the Bible Really Teach? or What Can the Bible Teach Us? and then Keep Yourselves in God’s Love book, even if he/she gets baptized... so that new disciples will be “stabilized in the faith.”

Currently at the "Congregation Bible Study" (or Bible study without the Bible) "Jesus-The Way, the Truth, the Life" book is examined. Next one will be "Pure Worship of Jehovah​—Restored At Last!"

• Magnum
    Magnum

JW GoneBad, for a good while (80's & 90's), the main study book for new ones was the Live Forever book (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth).

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Before the "Live Forever" book was" The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life" book which came out in 1968. Before that people not only had to study the "Let God Be True" book but also "This Means Everlasting Life" as well. Some people took years to get through those impossibly wordy books.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Your second guess was right, "What Can the Bible Teach Us?"

At first it was touted as a simplified alternate version of the What Does the Bible Really Teach, but soon after it was announced as its' replacement.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Their adding the word "really" implies they have something no one else knows, and is accusing all other religions as lying when they teach. They are so pompous, no wonder their meetings are referred to as boasting sessions.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Currently at the "Congregation Bible Study" (or Bible study without the Bible) "Jesus-The Way, the Truth, the Life" book is examined.

I`ve been out for nearly 30 years and i find that book or should I say the title of the book to be a misnomer if that`s the right word. Since when have they ever highlighted JESUS in their teachings ?

It`s always been about Jehovah this Jehovah that , Jehovah ,Jehovah,Jehovah,never about JESUS.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I remember studying the Greatest Man book when I was very little, but was it just for kids? I can’t remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit