Oldest Kingdom Song

by Bereano 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Take Sides with Jah is an oldy but goody, I remember that one from the green songbook from the 1960's. Speaking of that particular songbook, does anyone remember #1 in that called Hail Him? Well, come to find out back in the 1960's they choose that one to often because it was so close to an old gospel type song, I remember we sang it one time in the mid 60's and one did kinda get you rockin' and rollin', unlike all the rest of their songs. But I remember a lot of the songs and another one from the green book was Dedication, which said verses, like "take my hand and take my feet" yada yada yada, whatever, but that was pretty good (to a kid like I was at the time). Remember the #19 from the purple/pink songbook that sounded Hawaiian ??

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Are these songbooks posted somewhere on line? I don't mean the current one.
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Seems to me they changed things simply for the sake of progress.. The brown songbook did have some good melodies and I used to actually like singing along to most of them and would do well. The mighty warrior one ( crossing the red sea ) and a few others still stand out in my mind. They dropped the ball big time with the new stuff, often times tried and proven simply works don't mess with it !
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

VI - yes, if you do a few Google searches you should find complete song books (PDF) from several eras. They are out there - just keep looking. If you can't find them, ask Atlantis! or Barney if they have versions they can email you. Bet they do...

JV

• Bereano
    Bereano

What a coincidence!!! "Jehovah is my Shepard" is my favorite Kingdom Song :-S

Even with my complete disappointment with WT (now I am fading), I really appreciate this song.

I made this question because the first songbook in portuguese was released just in 1944.

Thank you for your help!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Somewhere in my stuff, I have a 78 record from the 1930s of "Take Sides With Jehovah" being sung by a barbershop quartet.
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch
    There was a lot of plagiarism in that old purple songbook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit