Creative Ways in Which You Have Gotten A Job

by berylblue 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• simplesally
    simplesally

I interviewed once for a job that required shorthand. I have no clue how to do that. I lied. So when the CEO asked how fast I was, I told the truth. I said "I can speed-write." He said he'd give me a test right then. So he started reading the newspaper.

I said, "Hold it! That's not how that goes. First, you tell me who its to and I have a rolodex so I don't write it out. Next you start talking and saying things like UMMM and HMMMM. Then you talk some more and say scratch that. When you do that kind of stuff, thats s when I catch up!"

He laughed and hired me.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Several years ago when the construction business was in the toilet, I applied for a job as an electrician. I got a phone call the next day. It turned out that I was the first application he chose to call and I was hired over the phone. The next day my boss told me that there were over 100 applications for that position. I asked him why he chose my application out of 100 others and he said it was what I had written at the very bottom (outside the lines) : "I look forward to hard work and I don't mind getting dirty"

Tim

• Satanus
    Satanus

Beryl

I'm at a loss as to what FISH means. Is it "F*****g Idiots Saying Sh*t"?

SS

• berylblue
    berylblue

Precisely.

No, wait, here it is....

No, wait, I can't find it.

It's a motivational program to help persons enjoy their jobs and satisfy customers...a nice program for some environments. Absolutely. But absolutely will not work in mine.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    two and a half years later i still can't type worth a damn.

That's cause you type with your toes!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

omg carmel and beryl you make me blush !!! you are way too nice ;)

dr it's not cause i type with my tiny tink toes, it's cause someone made me laugh and spill pop on my keyboard so the keys stick :P WONDER who THAT could have been...*coughcoughprofessorcoughcough*

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

lol tink... I forgot about that!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit