Organization, not a concept established by God

by StarTrekAngel 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    "Organization" not a word found in the bible, that blew my mind when I came out of the cult.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I think I know where you're coming from. But I don't think there's anything in the Bible saying you must belong to any Organization/Religion for Salvation. Just acceptance in Christ.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

According to the Bible, God gave man the power of choice and free will. Man chose to

break that relationship and has been trying to find his own way by inventing religion and

cults of all kinds in an effort to replace that void left by lack of relationship with

his creator. Of course this may be true if you believe in the Bible.

The God of the Bible invented man and man invented religion.

Genesis 2;24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother (who was Adam mother and father)

and joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh in the Church, KH, Temple,synagogue or

something. Come on folks, don't you think an all knowing God would have foreseen the problem.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Interesting comments. Thank you all very much.

It seems to me that is also pretty evident that the bible indicates the need for a nation had nothing to do with the idea of organized religion. By the time the bible mentioned that mankind began seeking God again, there were plenty of splinter groups of men, kingdoms and villages. Each with its own set of Gods. All of them attributed their successes to their Gods and payed sacrifices to their Gods when they felt blessed. This is why every time the bible mentions of people who came to recognize that Jehovah was the true and only God. In Exodus 18:11, Jetro recognizes that "the lord is greater than all other Gods..", meaning he had others, but none had acted like this one and shown proof of his might.

Building a nation was a fulfillment to his promise to Abraham, which ultimately was needed to proof all other nations that he was the only true God. Therefore it was not necessary for anyone to actually be with the Israelites in order to be accepted by God. Take Rahab for example. Once she recognized her Gods were worthless by the witnessing brought to her, she was able to save herself and her family, despite being a prostitute and not a worshipper of Jehovah, up until the last moment. Building a nation was a tool for establishing sovereignty just as much as if it happened today God may have chosen to build a political party. The commandments were the constitution and once the sovereignty was well established, there was no more of a need for it but the Jews continued as a nation, which is expected, but just did not get the idea that as a social and political unit, they were no longer relevant. Therefore, from what I read, building a nation was not the cause, but an effect, a sort of a necessary consequence of carrying out the plan. Just like when entire mini-cities are built around large projects, like large dams, but then even when the project is complete, the towns live on.

In conclusion, taking the example of Moises as a way to show God wants an organized religion in order to accept the worship of men, is misleading, at best inaccurate and has no scriptural support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit