Has Anybody Hear a Rumour That Prince Died?

by cofty 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• cofty
    cofty
    Why do people care so much about celebrities?
  • Angharad
    Angharad

It's still breaking news on CNN !

• stillin
    stillin
    I had a dog named Prince.
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Prince died?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    Well if you liked a person's music, it's part of your own history and times in your life. It's just reminiscing and acknowledging it.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I guess many people identify with celebrities for a variety of reasons. When someone we relate to through their fame and therefore, work, passes away, particularly someone whose work we enjoyed or connected with, it makes us feel sad that someone who evoked something within us is now gone. It usually means we will no longer receive any pleasure or joy or benefit from any more of their future work, although, in the case of Prince, sounds like he had a vault full of unreleased music.

Regarding Prince, he was a bit young, in my opinion, to pass away. He was once, and possibly still considered, a Jehovah's Witness, hence the discussion on this board about him. Prince's JW membership is definitely an oddity, conundrum even, considering the type of celebrity he was. Not the JW type AT ALL, at least in his public persona.

I was sad to learn of Christopher Hitchens passing. We need people such as he who are fearless in the onslaught of ridiculousness, to keep the fight for critical thinking over the delusion going. I also identify with their loved ones. I feel an empathy for them as I have lost many of my own family and can relate to the difficulty of loss.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I saw a very good quote the other day that sums up my feelings........." We mourn not because we knew you, but because through your music we understood ourselves better."
  • DJS
    DJS
    Prince died? Perhaps that's why I've heard the doves crying the past few days.
  • jaydee
  • cofty
    cofty
    ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit