J.W's Brain LOCKDOWN

by Phizzy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I know we often talk of the Mind Control and how JW's believe what they are taught because they are controlled as to the Information they receive, but I think the Mind Control goes frighteningly beyond simply keeping information away from them.

The JW mind is in LOCKDOWN. It simply cannot accept facts, evidence, reasoning or whatever that goes against what they believe. They cannot assimilate and consider an argument, it is not that they are being awkward, or willfully blind, their minds are so shut down they are INCAPABLE of taking in what is being presented.

I am aware of how, in common with other Cults and High Control Groups the J.W Org achieves this state among its members, but how on earth do we open such a solidly closed mind ?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I think the best thing is to ask them questions, and keep asking questions. And then keep asking more questions - as if you're genuinely interested. Because there's parts of the beliefs that they dont like to acknowledge or focus on, so if you gradually get them to focus on one of the more bizzare doctrines and keep asking and stick to the point it'll force them to keep thinking about it even when you've walked away.

On an ex-cult forum there was a post by a former Hari Krishna member who noted that if anyone criticized the movement it actually drew people closer to the group. Even those who were on the fringes almost out, criticism from an ex-member or an critic would launch them back in to defend their organization.

"...only my partner who I live with knew about the krishnas, and he wasn't pleased but was nervous to say anything in case that drove me further towards them, and looking back, I suppose he was probably right." https://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?5,115645

I've seen this happen in the JW world too. People who i considered PIMO jumped right back into the org when an angry "apostate" criticized the Watchtower society.

So I intend to ask lots of questions and do it in a really nice and interested manner.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

It's possible only with the Bible in hand. Like in Genesis 5:18 "When Jared had lived 162 years he became the father of Enoch".

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

All you have to do is watch the cart crashing video. Once the JDubs spot the apostate they won't greet, look at, talk or answer simple questions even though other people are watching what is going on. The JDubs behavior is so unchristian. Jesus did not back down from the scribes and Pharisees. Jesus had the truth whereas the JDubs have a nice bag of steamy shit freshly cast by the 8 popes to base their life's and believes on.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I am aware of how, in common with other Cults and High Control Groups the J.W Org achieves this state among its members, but how on earth do we open such a solidly closed mind ?

I'm no expert in the matter, but another angle to look at it is not just what you have (rightfully) mentioned on mind control, but also from the angle of abuse. A lot of what they do is what they call "spiritual abuse".

The effect of not being able to get through to a person in that state is very similar to "battered woman syndrome", which protects, rationalizes and defends the abuser, in this case being the spiritual abuser.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs like to get "reactions" then, they can judge you based on the reaction. They like to think just their very presence causes admiration and guilt from onlookers. Admiration at their being so good and guilt at not being as good as them. Because of course everyone is watching them - very narcissistic!

I find indifference to their beliefs and their culty social games really gets to them. They really have no idea what to do with indifference. As I said they need a reaction any reaction so they can interpret it and label you as either "guilty" or "bitter" or "pathetic loser" or "weak and ashamed" etc etc. If they are met with smiling indifference to their religious beliefs combined with calm assertiveness ie giving them nothing they can "read" it's like they become genuinely intrigued with why you are immune to their guilt-inducing superpowers. Maybe even intrigued long enough for a little seed of curiosity to sprout in their mind.

Other than that a well timed "innocent" question can hang around in their heads for while too.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The JW mind is in LOCKDOWN. It simply cannot accept facts, evidence, reasoning or whatever that goes against what they believe. They cannot assimilate and consider an argument, it is not that they are being awkward, or willfully blind, their minds are so shut down they are INCAPABLE of taking in what is being presented.

Characteristics that some carry with their new set of beliefs, as evidenced on this forum, by the avoidance of facts and incoherent short or one word replies.

• cofty
    cofty
    by the avoidance of facts - SBF

This from 'po-mo man' who rages against the 'tyranny of facts' and proclaims that there is no such thing as a fact.

how on earth do we open such a solidly closed mind ? - Phizzy

I think you go on presenting facts. Don't underestimate the cumulative effect. Often it's when the individual is offended by the cult that those facts become meaninful.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes there is a certain irony that you claim to respect facts in theory, but can’t seem to deal with them in a real discussion.

• cofty
    cofty

It's not that you have ever presented a 'fact' I couldn't deal with, it's sometimes that I just can't be bothered responding to your bullshit.

Now stop hijacking an excellent OP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit