J.W. Involved in Scam; on the Run

by Kenneson 16 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

They had better DF her real fast as not to bring reproach on Jehovah's Name.

LMFAO. Hah!

words cannot describe my baffledness. I think that's a new word.

lol. no comment

• timsrv
    timsrv

Hi, I realize this is an old post, but I just found your forum. This was actually centered around Vancouver WA & I was one of her 1st victims. I run a small family owned Mobile RV Repair business in Clark Co. & she hired me to perform multiple upgrades on her travel trailer. Her bill came to almost $4000 & she paid me with checks from a closed acct. She is a very good liar & I believed all her stories at 1st (her brother being killed the same day, the bank screwing up, the other person on the acct took the money, etc, etc, etc). I played her game for about 2 weeks before I wised up and called the Clark Co Sheriff. She successfully dodged him & after 2 months and some prodding he turned the case over to the Clark Co Prosecuting Attorney. After another month, I contacted the Prosecuting Attorney's office only to find out the case was not being pursued....."too hard to prove intent" I was told. They told me to file small claims against her, which I did. 2 days before the case was to be heard I received notice that she had filed for bankruptcy & I had to immediately drop the case or I would be breaking the law (they call it harassment to pursue the depts of someone protected under bankrupcy laws). I also got a call from her attorney telling me to never contact her again or I would face a harassment lawsuit. I attended her bankruptcy hearing along with other small business owners that had also received some of these checks.........but she didn't show. Her attorney came in & used the "her brother was just killed this morning" excuse & was granted another hearing.....3 months down the road. At that hearing, she showed but had lost her attorney, all her papers were screwed up, so they allowed her another 3 months. The next time she tried the same ploy, but they dismissed her case & I refiled small claims. Just before the case was to be heard, I get another notice that she had filed bancruptcy (turns out she had convinced someone at the courthouse that the dismissal was their mistake)........anyhow you get the idea.......this went on for a year. Finally her case was permanantly dismissed & I refiled small claims........again. Only this time she had moved and the process server could not find her. After this "petty thievery" she moved on to credit union fraud with car loans, then eventually moved into the mortgage fraud thing. I talked with Detective Ed Hewitt of the Vancouver WA Police Dept. & he informed me that she was on the run with millions of dollars from the mortgage fraud schemes. At this point she has federal charges against her and will be put away for a long time if & when they catch up with her. If anyone here knows her where abouts or has any information please contact your local athorities. I doubt I'll ever see a penny but at least I'll have the piece of mind knowing she can't continue to do this to others. The worst part is she is using her teanage children to help her pull off these scams. These are beautiful & vibrant children. What a terrible waste of their lives. Tim

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome timsrv

thats some story!! thanks for telling your experience.. i cant believe she's still on the run.

hope they catch her soon.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hello Timsrv,

Sorry this happened to you. Amazing that the law has not yet caught up with her. Seems like she can't hide forever and one day justice will be served.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your unpleasant experience with a crook.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Tim, welcome!

I'm sorry you & the others had to go through this. Many victims here, including her kids.

• timsrv
    timsrv

Thought I'd mention the person I dealt with was Milly H. Hernandez, AKA Heidi Ruiz & Melinda Joy Grooms-Unruh. At the time of my experience (Aug of 2001) she was using the name Heidi L Johnson & was running (of all things) a day care center out of her home. The whole time I worked on-site there were screaming babies and around 4-5 pm a steady stream of mothers in SUV's would start showing up to pick up their young children & babies. How much checking did any of these mothers do before entrusting their children to her? For that matter, how much checking did law enforcement to before dropping my case against her? Makes a person wonder about the direction we're taking here in America. Tim

• luna2
    luna2

Welcome to the forum, timsrv.

Its amazing what people can get away with who know how the system works (or doesn't work, as the case may be). I hope her lawyer got stiffed too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit