Aftermath of being Reinstated

by TxNVSue2023 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ enoughisenough - Maybe she feels the same as a lot of people do, that they must belong to a certain sports team/religious or political group. Gives them a sense of "belonging" and being part of a social group. If you're not one of "us," you're a lesser person attitude.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Is that kind of record keeping legal under the various data protection acts?

In countries where data laws are more strict, JW congregations require their members to sign a legal waiver, allowing the congregation (and organization) to keep records on them. In theory, you have the right to refuse or,if you agreed, the right to see what they have stored on you. In practice, such an act would label you as a “troublemaker” and “not exemplary”, you’d likely be “soft shunned” until you behaved more like a good little compliant JW.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

about record keeping: at baptism they ask a question ...people say Yes( have agreed to be under JW rule so to speak) It's a verbal legal contract.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    It's a verbal legal contract

And in addition to the “verbal contract”, in some countries there is a literal piece of paper that is signed by each publisher, granting express rights for the congregation to maintain their records on you.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

As Beth Sirem said it will follow you No matter how many congregations you move to. And the gossip will start and the I'll treatment. I have experienced it all

Reason # 2 Why I'm an Ex Jw.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TXNVSUE2023:

Not keeping track of your posts and don’t know how long you’ve been out.

Somebody on Reddit made a good point that whatever situation a person didn’t like in the Witness religion years ago is still there now - maybe even worse.. Besides, maybe whatever few people you liked aren’t there anymore because they moved or whatever.

I am a long-time ‘Fader’.. I would never be fooled for one minute into believing the JW religion got ‘better’ somehow - even if I was interested! Nope, there would just be older and even more desperate individuals!

From what I’ve read, it seems to be more controlling and culty.. Gossip has not changed and is their favorite pastime.. In fact, you would be the latest bit of juicy gossip.. But, would you be invited anywhere or just talked about? Would you come and go and be as lonely as ever? That is the question.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

If... you really WANT to reinstated....each hall will be a little different.

Since most JW elders are not the world's most literate group...moving a few times (for work, sick parents, etc.) tends to improve the chances of records being lost and letters becoming more brief.

I have seen a number of people get reinstated and accepted over the years. Like with most any group, donating $$ visibly in the box by CHECK seems to help since a couple of brothers will see them and possibly discuss them. Visibly participating, spreading a bit of $$ around (meals, etc.), telling a few funny stories, G-rated jokes, and being generally low-key, and amicable.

Personally, as I have aged, I can no longer stomach kissing up to people I do not like or respect...it makes me ill.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

One time my wife asked me Do you really want to live forever with these gossiping, self-righteous arrogant people? The answer is no not really.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BALAAMSASS2:

You got that right about ‘not kissing up to people’ 🤮. I never would have done this even if I wasn’t criticized over my job.👎

Also, you are correct about throwing money around.. Since many JWs are Users, in my opinion, they would gravitate towards somebody fool enough to do this. That’s why when a generous/spendthrift person leaves the religion they are often pursued - because they’re considered an asset.

But who wants to be wanted for what they could give to ingrates who would forget them as soon as the goodies stopped??? I would imagine some poor soul with serious low self-esteem issues!.. I hope for the OP’s sake they are reading these posts (even if it’s for entertainment) and considering everything.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Donating $$ visibly in the box by CHECK seems to help since a couple of brothers will see them and possibly discuss them.

That is the key to being accepted. As one guy (now an elder) told me years ago when I temporarily thought I would like to be married, "Don't get married. Just hire a couple hookers when you are in Las Vegas, come back and say you had a moment of weakness and you are sorry. Then make a BIG contribution to the congregation, maybe even slip a few Benjamins to the elders, and all will be okay."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit