Why Aren`t The G.B Members Representive Of All Nations ? and not just America ?

by smiddy3 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Leo Greenlees was Scottish? I thought he was Canadian. You may be confusing him with a different Greenlees family.

Leo Greenlees spoke with a broad Scottish accent apparently. He was a very close friend of Percy Chapman and they were in the London Bethel together along with Price Hughes. A sister I know tells of the three of them visiting her parents regularly when she lived at home in London. I remember Chapman and Hughes very well. Chapman and Greenlees were sent to Canada because of the Walter Salter affair (1936?) Ewart (Ed) Chitty may well have been English as you say, I remember trying to takes notes during his talks, impossible due to the speed he spoke!

George

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don’t care about any white-washed history books concerning the WTBTS. Wake up everyone.

DD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks George, that’s interesting. It would be interesting to find out more about Leo Greenlees’ background.

• fulano
    fulano

@blondie

I wondered .., about what generation of missionaries are you talking, untill which Gilead class? We were told to learn the language asap. In fact in many assignments you wont find english speaking people.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Not only are the majority of GB members white, but guess who are (or, have been ) in charge of WT Branches throughout the world. Are these Branches not governed by mostly white brothers? If this is the case, it would indicate that the mostly white GB do not even trust their own brothers from other ethnicities to be in charge.

• blondie
    blondie

Wonderment, in recent years, the WTS has tried to have qualified local brothers on the branch committee so when the governments should toss out jws from outside the country, local brothers will be already trained to take over. A look at pictures in the yearbooks or other places in WT publications in the past few years, shows this change.

As the WTS presence in these countries are established for some time, local jws are appointed and trained, there is even a school established just for branch committee members and their wives.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011608

Brother Lett also announced that the School for Traveling Overseers and Their Wives and the School for Branch Committee Members and Their Wives would be expanded to two classes each year at Patterson, with provisions for those who have previously attended to attend a second time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Gorbatchov's pic:

Wow, aren't they a cheerful-looking bunch.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Wow, aren't they a cheerful-looking bunch - and so representative of all nations.

Er, yeah, the JWs aren't an American religion, not at all ...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

22 guys, and only 2 of 'em smiling.

Says it all, IMO.

:smirk:

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

I see your point but the Jehovah’s Witnesses IS just another man-made American religion. It’s an offshoot of the Adventist religion. Too bad I didn’t know all this years ago.

The whole GB is being criticized for their policies. Anybody added will also be criticized!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit