Theocratic Ministry School

by tresdecu 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Watson said:

The funniest part is the jezebel aspirants fighting verbally for dominance in the various audience participation parts, while the brothers sit in silence, mostly.

That is the damndest truth!🤣

• sir82
    sir82

they have practically eliminated speaker training.

They do have one or 2 old-fashioned "TMS style talks" per month, 6 minutes on some theme typically taken from a Questions (We Made Up But We Pretend They Are) From Readers article.

So, yeah, anyone wanting to get "public speaking training" can now give one of those talks. Depending on the size of your congregation, though, you'll probably get one of those assignments once ever 2-3 years.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

That twice monthly talk part is still for up and coming brothers. There is little leeway for thinking. I used to like doing the talks you really had to think about, note used to. One of my " moments" was being given talk on the generation of 1914 , after the new light but before they discarded the make sure book as the source of all truth. I didnt show or call

• waton
    waton

tresdecu
    a day ago
    So the TMS....Does anyone think it might ever go away? Possibly being replaced by a BORG streaming presentation that's required viewing from home? It seems to me that with the congregation merging td

very deceived: 2 wt policy changes impacted the character of the "school/ service meeting" The cancellation of the book study brought the individual commenting by all , down to a monopoly of a few verbose, blown personality "sisters" amplified by the sound system. and

Merging the congregations up to the 150 publisher level reduced the chances of a talented young learner to have a meaningful lesson on the platform. There was one every week, (the No. 5 talk) now perhaps 1 or twice a year. just enough to give you stage fright.

The future hold no more "Letts"*, who perhaps would be cutting their speaker teeth in a small cong in the Ozarks.*

* I actually like his style, when I move move volume past the mute button, my usual wt setting.

• blondie
    blondie

The TMS was originally set up in 1942 to train male jws to be public speakers not so much D2D despite the official statement that it was. Sisters were not added until 1959 (17 years later, evidently they thought sisters were already better at D2D etc.). I remember my mother and her sisters talking about how sisters "now had the privilege" although mostly jw women were doing the preaching and teaching. They said that the D2D ministry did not have as much importance as giving public talks.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Wasanelder Once”: They need standing lessons for their cart work.

LOL!!

• Ding
    Ding

The literature used to have drawings of Jesus' disciples going door to door.

I wonder if they've replaced those with the disciples standing next to carts...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit