I got my voters registration card in the mail today!

by TresHappy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Opened the mail this morning and guess what, I've got my voters registration card. I'll be voting for the first time in many years! How cool is that?

• Special K
    Special K

That is WAY COOL, Tres happy.

I could be voting but haven't yet.. I find it very hard to input all the information from all the competing parties...

I guess it's a case of ... "HEY, I don't know who to believe?" or who is lying.

We had one political person just resign after spending.. 500,000 dollars on a padded expense acct for lavish meals and entertainment over just 2 years...DAA!!!

I know there has got to be honest politicians out there.. but I don't seem to very trusting..

Oh Well. maybe next year I will vote..

sincerely

special k

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am going off to vote right NOW!!!!!!You JW elders that are "checking in" !!!! The next time you vote at Bethel > think of Grace Gough> !!!!voting & it aint for YOU!!!!! eat your heart out!!!!

tres(((hug)))

• Emma
    Emma

Congratulations, Tres! Doesn't it feel good to register!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

It felt great. I got the voter card in my driver license renewal packet. I thought "why not". I was studying when I first voted awhile back (I won't mention his name but he's a former actor and he was Governor of California - not Arnold - lol, of course he's not governor - yet!)

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, got my card last year, and now I can finally look at the elections with more than just passing interest.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    but he's a former actor and he was Governor of California

Aren't all Governors of California actors, or former actors ...... LOL

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Woo-hoo for you! It feels good, don't it?

• kyria
    kyria

I finally voted for the first time in the last presidential election. It felt great. I ended up voting for Ralph Nader, ironically wasting the first vote I had.

I think my personal politics lean towards not voting and not trusting the government in general. I wonder if that's the JW upbringing in me? One thing I can say about the Witnesses, they taught me not to trust the government. I'm all hip and Howard Zinn and I only had to spend 23 years in a cult to get that way.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Congrats !!

Personally I am a politcal junkie...I just love the process. Vote every time and even held office...can you imagine..people actually voted for me...TWICE ! *LOL*

Research the people and the issues and vote with your heart (which isn't always with your party) !!

RGW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit