Where are the funds going to come from? Warwick Expansion

by HiddenPimo 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

selling pardons maybe ?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They’re very greedy and perhaps delusional true believers, and they aren’t going to spend any of their own money if they don’t have to. It doesn’t matter if they have Billions in the bank, that’s not to be touched unless absolutely necessary.

They have spent decades brainwashing the sheeple into thinking that giving money pleases God, just like all Organized religious slime-faced, lying weasels and their ilk. There’s no way they can just say, “We have enough money!”

Can you imagine what would happen?? Once people know that they can achieve financial goals and taste success, they aren’t going back to being poor slaves. You can’t put that Genie back in the bottle.

I want the Borg to burn as much as the next guy, but if they can spin the Sex Abuse cases as persecution, and gain sympathy, then they can get even more $$$.

These lawsuits may benefit them in the long run.

DD

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Special contribution boxes have been announced

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

If we assume that WT has a billion in investable assets, (they have much more in total assets), and we assume a realistic average return of 5% (they DO invest) that means they get at least $5 million in earned interest every year, on TOP of the millions in contributions. It's hard to bleed a corporation dry when they're at that level. And tax free!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been quite good in hiding its overall wealth for the longest time.

There has always an asking call for money like they were running short or the money would be put to good use advancing the kingdom preaching.

There is good reason too since some of branches around the world have been secretly holding millions. The government in Canada for example had released the WTS’s holdings under law to non profit charity institutions to the tune of 40 million back in the 90’s , the UK branch around the same time had 70 million , the US branch had even more .🤔

This was all before the big sell off in Brooklyn to the tune of 2 billion. $$$$. 😳

• Listener
    Listener

Neat Blue Dog, I think that's 50 million dollars a year (if 1 billion is 1,000,000,000)

Its been said on here for years that they are as much a Building business. They may be selling KHs but they've put a lot into huge projects. Why not? When you have no taxes to pay on land and possibly building materials?, a lot of free labor and a discriminatory slave employer then why not.

This new, huge project, is in its early stages yet they've just been selling off an incredible amount of tools and machinery only to buy more. The wastage of JWs money is staggering.

No wonder they made the statement to trust them even if what they do is not logical from a human stand point. Yes, it's not logical and they got the other bit right. What they are doing is not human.....

• punkofnice
  • tiki
    tiki

It's just a money grubbing corporation operating behind a sham religion. And the real owners are damn cagey and keep their assets very well secured. I don't believe it began this way actually...I think Russell was just a very imaginative decent type...Rutherford a boisterous boozing shiester...then Knorr came along and the religious aspect remained primary...somewhere along the line though the cult gradually turned into a front. Just my ideas.....how, when, who...the thing is now the entity is run by a totally unscrupulous unethical bunch and this to the detriment of those persuaded by its "biblical" pronouncements.

• sir82
    sir82

If we assume that WT has a billion in investable assets, (they have much more in total assets), and we assume

a realistic average return of 5% (they DO invest) that means they get at least $5 million in earned interest

every year

1,000,000,000 X 0.05 = $50 million per year

And if you've got $1 billion, and you're only getting 5%, it's time to look for a new investment manager.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

You're right, that zero makes all the difference 🤪 As for interest I was being conservative so it couldn't be said I'm exaggerating. But that's probably true, and makes me wonder if WT actually needs contributions to run the org on interest only, seeing as so many expenses are cared for on a local level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit