A serious question for any who believe in any God of any religion who think God is interested in humans.

by smiddy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anointed1
    anointed1

opusdei1972, OUTLAW,

Your questions have already been answered long back by Jesus (Mathew 25:45) and recently by media. Globally, just 8 billionaires have the same amount of wealth as the poorest 50% of the world population. Then, more than half of the population are suffering from obese which means they waste the food (that also belong to the deprived) on their body, and burn it out by wasting their energy again on treadmill and other artificial exercise-machinery. Again, about 5.5 billion people -up to 76% of the world's population -are `overfat' who are also eating the food of the deprived. Governments wasting the resources on arms-industry is beyond our imagination. May be less than 1% of the total wastage would take care of all the physical needs of the deprived.

ackground:#FDFEFF'>

• smiddy
    smiddy

anointed 1 you may have answered opusdei1972 and OUTLAW to your satisfaction however you have failed to address the OP question whether God is concerned about the deaths of Billions of children under 5 years of age and he does nothing .

You want to put the blame on Nations and Governments for the deaths of Billions of children since Adam .

Romans 13 clearly shows Jehovah God placed the Governments in their relative positions that their is no authority except by God.And anybody who wants to go against that authority has to answer to GOD.

So isnt that actually saying God /Jehovah is the God of this system of things ? That he is resposible for whoever rules over the nations ?

So the buck stops their with GOD Jehovah / Yahweh whatever you want to call him.

He is responsible for doing nothing to alleviate the plight of deaths among Billions of children under 5 years of age since humans were on earth.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

There are many answers to this theodicy question, not one of which I have found satisfying.

I think the best option is to simply reject the idea of an omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent creator deity. Between that absurdity and atheism there are some plausible alternatives:

Polytheism: There are many gods, so good, some bad, most are indifferent. The good ones can prevent evil some of the time but not all of the time for the simple reason that their power is finite and they cannot be everywhere at once. This is what most people believed until Christianity and Islam came along.

Dualism: There is a good God of light, love, and life who created the cosmos and gave it life. Unfortunately, there is an equally potent god of darknessn malevolence, and destruction who lives for the sole purpose of destroying or defacing the creator's work. Historical examples of this system include Zoroastrianism and Manichaeism.

Platonism: The world is imperfect because its creator is, at best, a flawed, incompetent architect who botched it. Everything here is an imperfect copy of a perfect archetype or idea. There is a better world and a superior God (or gods) outside of this universe but he isn't going to rescue us. What we have to do is improve ourselves by purifying our souls of evil and earthly desires while contemplating exalted subjects like philosophy and mathematics and living an ethical life. The idea seems to originate with Socrates who passed it on to Plato and then to the neo-platonists like Plotinus and Iamblichus. Eventually the gnostics got a hold of it and identified the (now evil) creator god with Jehovah.

• anointed1
    anointed1

smiddy,

To your question "Whether God is concerned about the deaths of Billions of children under 5 years of age and he does nothing?" there is no acceptable answer.

But that does not mean God does not exist because my experience is that He does exists. This conclusion I made by observing what is happening within me: Suppose you went to a shop in a commercial street in the evening, and are having a dream of it later in the night. And in the dream, you correctly read the name board of the shop you visited yesterday. However, name boards of the nearby shop you see in your dream may not match with reality! This means mind simply recalled what it could and completed the picture with imaginary details (which obviously means that mind is engaged in some creation work). Not only in dream, even in real life mind acts in the same manner. Try to remember a big gathering you attended in the past, and your mind would supply both truth and fabricated information—picture of some people around you in the gathering will be correct and others will be mind’s creation. Then there is another interesting situation. Someone passed a harmful gossip about another, and I passed it to another. Now unlike we always do, pause for a moment and ask “Why did I do that?” and listen for the answer. If you put your mind into real silence, it will tell you: “You passed that harmful information about Mr X because he did not support your ego sometime back.” From where did come this godly answer? Not from the mind which joyfully prompted you to pass the gossip in the first place. But it came from an immaterial part within me which resembles the Supreme Soul without.

• cofty
    cofty
    that does not mean God does not exist

Yes it absolutely does mean that the god of christian theism - the god and father of Jesus - does not exist.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why ask this when its documented in the bible how god murdered all of humanity accept one family during the great flood ?

Again how could a god of love and justice have done such a thing ?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

do you think it makes a difference if the past present and future all exist at the same time?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Deists tend to believe in a creator god who doesn't necessarily have a concern with individual humans. Think of their god as a scientist alien outside, our universe, who's entertaining himself watching us critters evolve.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

opusdei1972, OUTLAW,

Your questions have already been answered long back by Jesus (Mathew 25:45) and recently by media.....anointed1

Those weren`t my questions,those were the questions in the OP..

If I did have a question it would be..

"How come people who come to this forum to preach,can`t comprehend what they read?"

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Smiddy!

I think you hit the very core of the theodicy question. God “created” death, illness. Tsunamis, earth cracks, viruses, cancer, malaria and he did really killed all humans during the flood….not only that…he is going to kill all others under terrible conditions. All other humans because they are Muslims, atheist, Buddhist, Jainism, LDS, Pentecostal, or just ignorant enough not to understand he is merciful, good, loving, caring and existing….The theodicy problem have made many intelligent men and women turning in to atheism. Bart Ehrman, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Bertrand Russel …

If you want good arguments I think you could find them on youtube, here is a link to one oft hem,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQPehxphxQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit