A serious question for any who believe in any God of any religion who think God is interested in humans.

by smiddy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

The World Health organization states that in the year 2015 ,5.9 million children died under the age of 5 years of age.

In 2010 the death rate for children under the age of 5 years of age was 7.6 million

Thats over 13 million in just 2 years

I dont think you need to be a rocket scientist to conclude that since mankind has been on the earth for however long you want to believe and i`m just going on a conservative estimate of 6000 years by the above figures I quoted their would be billions of children under 5 yearsof age that would have died

And if you believe mankind has been around a lot longer than that then the numbers of child deaths would go up substantially

And your God has looked on with this situation with apparent indifference and done nothing about it.

To say that they are in heaven and with the angels or that God has them in his memory and will resurrect them at a future date when the parents are long dead anyway just doesnt cut it .

How can he be a loving God ? interested in humans ?compassionate ?caring ?especially to those worshipping him ?

Though he is supposed to be a God for all mankind isnt he ?

The big cop out of course is the statement Gods ways are higher than ours , he works in mysterious ways unbeknown to us humans ..

As I said this is a serious question for believers if you care to reply.

And I dont want it to be an atheist vs beliver debate ,I just want to know how you reconcile this question.

• anointed1
    anointed1

Dear Smiddy,

There is life and there is death. Simple facts. Society thrives on gaining life out of the "claws" of death. For the ordinary person, the enemy to conquer is death and our scientific improvements are allowing this “battle” to be a “hard battle.” The duality of life and death has the same premises as the one of Good and Evil. Another duality.

For someone with greater awareness, life means to die at every second. In this type of awareness, life is as a strawberry shortcake and as we live we eat pieces of that cake, until there is none. That is death. That reminds me of Depeche Mode’s song “Fly on the windscreen.”

"Death is everywhere
    There are lambs for the slaughter
    Waiting to die
    And I can sense
    The hours slipping by
    Tonight."

In this type of consciousness, we are aware of being an ignited candle, which will burn away, someday… However, if life is about dying, then dying should be about living… says Ecclesiasticus 17:1. Simple premise from the understanding of duality.

It is like we feeling Sun moving through the horizon. That is the perception. Then night comes and we see the Sun disappearing under the waters of the Ocean. That is death.

But it comes back again the next day. That is life. Notice that in the world of forms, everything that exists is change. Our perception of that change from the seat of the observer, will be totally different than the experience of the Sun itself. That is, if the Sun had consciousness. Once the Sun becomes conscious of itself, then it can know its true size, color and destiny.

An intellectual could ask, what is the purpose, the reason of the Sun being there?
    That is a meaningless question in the realm of life, but a question with a lot of meaning in the realm of the intellectual understanding of life.

There is no purpose, no reason. Only the one you give. Life is a dream. When dreaming, a dream is life. To wake up means to die from that dream.
    Death brings life again.. and life, death. That is the duality of life and death.

• anointed1
    anointed1

I also wanted to add the following:

When you see only the death of hapless children, death becomes a big issue. But numerous deaths are happening within our body also—a fact that prompted Heraclitus to declare: “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” He knew that all things are in motion and nothing is at rest and everything is always changing in every respect. People with whom we often interact are not the same today because today their circumstances are different, their experiences are different, their attitudes are different … even the very basic unit of life—cells—are not the same today. “Your body is constantly replacing old cells with new ones at the rate of millions per second. By the time you finish reading this sentence, 50 million of your cells will have died and been replaced by others.” e/yourbody/whatdoyourcellsdo/howoftenareyourcellsreplaced)

• anointed1
  • waton
    waton

Considering that all species produce fruit, offspring to procreate, we as top predators are the lucky ones. Consider the millions of seeds a Sequoia produces in it's lifetime, only one surviving needed to replace the parent, keep the species going.--

All the rest is food- for thought.

• anointed1
    anointed1

Waton, nice thoughts!

We cannot understand everything that is happening. One well-known aspect of quantum physics is that certain observations cannot even be predicted absolutely. Instead, there is a range of possible observations each with a different probability. One mainstream explanation, the “many-worlds” interpretation, states that each of these possible observations corresponds to a different universe (the ‘multiverse’). There could be infinite number of universes, and everything that could possibly happen occurs in some universe. Death does not exist in any real sense in these scenarios. All possible universes exist simultaneously, regardless of what happens in any of them. Although individual bodies are destined to self-destruct, the alive feeling – the conscious energy - doesn’t go away at death. One of the surest axioms of science is that energy never dies; it can neither be created nor destroyed. But does this energy transcend from one world to the other? The fact that it made its descent means it can make its ascent too! If it is done once, what is the difficulty in repeating it? That means death does not exist in a timeless, spaceless world. In the end, even Einstein admitted, “Now Besso” (an old friend) “has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. People like us…know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” Immortality doesn’t mean a perpetual existence in time without end, but rather resides outside of time altogether.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

There is no such a loving god in the human sense. There are many people who unjustly die, so it is impossible to reconcile that with the idea of a god having human compassion. If a personal god exists, he simply is not worry about any individual life, so that god makes no sense, he is a monster. In fact, the Christian God is a human invention, also, this god is rather different of the OT YHWH. Theists people should redefine the idea of "God".

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

What if God is not indifferent, but merely not omnipotent. Does creating something necessarily mean you have complete control over it? You could say that Satan challenging God is not so much God allowing free will, but God's inability to prevent Satan from rebelling.He may be aware of our suffering, but not able to do much about it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I just want to know how you reconcile this question.

Because god(s) have always been a construct developed within human imagination only.

The ancients looked to help from their gods and nothing ever happened as today nothing ever happens so we are still left to endure and resolve the problems of the human experience on are own.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How can he be a loving God ? interested in humans ?compassionate ?caring ?especially to those worshipping him ?

compassionate ?caring ?especially to those worshipping him ?

Image result for god watching tv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit