Spiritual 'Pharisaical legal text' makes you 'accountable' if you attend a JW 'JUDICIAL COMMITTEE'

by Nathan R. Koppe 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Blondie - I know one elder who openly admitted he would kill people in this system of things. He was an instructor when I attended Pioneer School and said it to me over lunch. I got up and walked away from him, I was so disgusted.

I wrote to the Bethel about him and told the CO what he had said. Result was... he's still an elder. Maybe he is still saying the same things over lunch.

• blondie
    blondie

Anna Marina, I guess he forgot this point strongly put forth by the WTS

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017367?q=2+chronicles+20%3A+17&p=sen

Soon the earth will be filled with those who prefer Jehovah’s sovereignty over any other. How we long for that day! With Deborah and Barak, we sing: “Let all your enemies perish, O Jehovah, but let those who love you be like the sun rising in its glory.” (Judg. 5:31) This petition will be answered when Jehovah brings an end to Satan’s wicked world! When the battle of Armageddon begins, there will be no need for human volunteers to rout the enemy. That will be the time for us to “stand still, and see the salvation of Jehovah.” (2 Chron. 20:17

2 Chronicles 20:15-17

He said: “Pay attention, all Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Je·hoshʹa·phat! Here is what Jehovah says to you, ‘Do not be afraid or be terrified because of this large crowd, for the battle is not yours but God’s.+ 16 Tomorrow go down against them. They will be coming up by the pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the valley* before the wilderness of Je·ruʹel. 17 You will not need to fight this battle. Take your position, stand still,+ and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf.*+ O Judah and Jerusalem, do not be afraid or be terrified.+ Tomorrow go out against them, and Jehovah will be with you.’”+

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Blondie - yes he did forget that and I think I even answered something like that in one of the sessions.

This one wanted to be an executioner in this system of things. Over lunch I was trying to reason with him and said, "if you'd been in Nazi Germany, you would have killed all the Witnesses." But he took no notice of what I said.

The other thing he forgot was this:-

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .God is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. . .

Maybe I should have offered him a free home Bible study.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Frankly, at this point, I think the Pharisees would be telling the GB: "hey, dudes, dial it back a bit, yeah?"

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Vidiot

I wrote to Bethel expressing concern about the wannabe executioner and they sent my letter to him.

• blondie
    blondie

Anna Marina, any further contact or response by him and/or the BOE?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

This was around 2007. After London Bethel sent my letter to him, "by mistake" (as I was told), my letter was then sent to another elder, in one of our sister congregations.

That elder (a PO) then said to me, "and WHAT have YOU got against my friend xxxx xxxxxxxx."

That was the beginning and pretty much the end of any further mention of the subject. I just shut up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit