Gordon Watson is a good JW, no doubt

by Nathan Natas 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• integ
    integ
    I would kick the carp out of him.

He must be a fisherman then.....You have to be careful when eating CARP..They are bottom feeders.

Integ.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sad

• Scully
    Scully

Nathan:

Since a lot of patients feel uncomfortable telling visitors to leave, or that they are not welcome to visit, I make the following "deal" with all of my patients at the beginning of every shift I work: If an unwelcome visitor shows up, or if a visitor is overstaying their welcome, the patient may ring me via the call bell intercom system and say "Nurse, I feel like I'm going to be sick!! I need help!! *retch* *hurl*" I will then go in right away and shoo everyone out of the room. Then I spend a few minutes privately with the patient getting specifics. When I come out I just say that the patient isn't feeling well and is going to go to sleep, so they will need to leave. I tell them that the patient will call them when she is feeling better. They leave - no questions asked.

All of my colleagues know about this deal that I make with my patients. They love it and many of them have started using it too.

I have also been known to put signs on all patient doors that say

Visitors Please Report to Nursing Station
    Quarantine in Effect

when there are issues where a patient does not want an abusive ex-partner showing up if they find out that baby has arrived.

Love, Scully

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

When I first saw this posted, I printed it out, and brought it home to show my mother (as I usually do with major JW events). She seems to have just taken to saying "Oh yeah" and nothing more. That's basically what she said when I showed it to her.

Later on, it was on the news. Now, my mother tells me "Gee, those apostates are really on top of things!" This, in my opinion was a good comment. I think she's starting to see that the apostates aren't just people who hate the Watchtower, but bring to light the stories that the Watchtower never lets the R&F hear.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Nos there might be hope for her yet

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Nathan N.

Thanks for the information and the?link.

Assuming that everything is accurate and true how can it be reconciled

with the mighty WTBS Inc?s teaching about the existing elders ?

Just a few quotes:

*** w65 7/15 429 Jehovah's Advancing Organization ***

22 Through the ?faithful and discreet slave? class Jehovah now appoints the overseers and ministerial servants in his earthly organization.

*** w74 7/1 413 Humbly Conform to Jehovah's Way for Salvation ***

27 If we object to something done by the body of elders or criticize the way some matter is handled, we are being disloyal to Jehovah?s organization. Let us remember that the elders are not newly converted men; they have been serving Jehovah for years. (1 Tim. 3:6) And what is it that prompts faultfinding or complaining?

Is it not often a desire to elevate ourselves in the eyes of others? In other words, pride is the root of the problem. This course of action actually may involve resisting the holy spirit, because the holy spirit is responsible for the appointments of older men in the congregation. (Acts 20:28)

Why, then, should we criticize one of the brothers for handling the Kingdom interests in a way that the holy spirit seems to direct him ? And if the brother is wrong in the way he handled something, we should have faith that the holy spirit will correct him.

*** w85 8/1 31 Questions From Readers ***

How does the holy spirit work along with the modern-day Governing Body in the appointment of elders?

Comparably, brothers and sisters can be confident that ?the holy spirit has appointed the overseers, to shepherd the congregation.? (Acts 20:28) It is regarding such men that the counsel is given: ?Remember those who are taking the lead among you, who have spoken the word of God to you, and as you contemplate how their conduct turns out imitate their faith.??Hebrews 13:7.

'The Watchtower ' March 15th, 2002 page 14 paragraph 7:

"As in the first century , a small group of qualified men from among the

anointed overseers now serve as the Governing Body, representing the composite faithful and discreet slave. Our Leader uses this Governing Body to appoint qualified men - whether spirit-anointed or not - as elders in the local congregations. In this regard, the holy spirit , which Jehovah has given Jesus authority to employ, plays a pivotal role . (Acts 2:32,33) First of all, these overseers must meet the requirements set out in God's Word, which was inspired by holy spirit. (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 2 Peter 1:20-21) The recommandation and appointments are made after prayer and the guidance of the holy spirit. Additionally , the individuals appointed give evidence of producing the fruitage of that spirit. (Galatians 5:22,23) Paul's counsel , then, applies with equal forces to all elders , whether anointed or not :" Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock , among which the holy spirit has appointed you overseers."(Acts 20:28) These appointed men r eceive direction from the Governing Body and willingly sheperd the congregation. In this way, Christ is with us and is actively leading the congregation.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• jwsons
    jwsons

In any hospital, The Watchtower Society or Local congregation usually send their agents (elder or ministerial servants ) to "visit our brothers in sickness" (and also to check if the JWs patients accept blood transfusion or not. They came to admission and get the information like other churches business visitors then... ) I worked for a hospital and saw them sometimes.

jwsons

• sf
    sf

Manitoba Media Guide
    ... Brandon. Todd Gabler (204) 726-0154, Gordon Watson(204) 727-3496. National Office. ... E-mail:
    [email protected]. Web Site: www.jw-media.org or www.watchtower.org. ...
    www.escape.ca/~jclong/guidejw.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

[[

Contact Info

Manitoba Contacts

Winnipeg

Walter Sopiwnyk, (204) 889-1089; Brian Souter(204) 889-1198

Brandon

Todd Gabler (204) 726-0154, Gordon Watson(204) 727-3496

National Office

Mark Ruge, Director, Public Information (Canada)

P.O. Box 4100, Georgetown, Ontario, Canada L7G 4Y4

Phone: (905) 873-4100; Toll-Free: (888) 301-4259; Fax: (905) 873-4511

E-mail: [email protected]

Web Site: www.jw-media.org or www.watchtower.org ]]

Same Gordon?

sKally

• Makena1
    Makena1

"A 42 year-old Jehovah's Witness elder ......."

And of course this "gift in men" was appointed by HS?

Cheez, - and if he is found to be repentent he will be told to not miss meetings, pray more, read more instead of getting some form of therapy from Satan's system.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Brian Souter(204) 889-1198

Woah! There's a familiar name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit