Gordon Watson is a good JW, no doubt

by Nathan Natas 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gadget
    Gadget

I wonder how the people in hus cingregation will be treating him, and whether or not they believe it. And are they all going to stand up in court as character witnesses for him?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

As much as I like to see the JW name dragged through the mud, and believe me, this is some baaaad publicity, I have a hard time with this story.

I mean, an old lady with psychological problems claims to be sexually assaulted by a young man in a very public place - it sounds kind of like senility to me. Although, there must have been enough evidence to result in charges being laid. Either way, it couldn't happen to a better religion.

By the way, Brandon is just down the road from me - about 250 miles down the road, but still close enough to be considered a neighbor.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

It is from CBC a reliable news source. Anway I can't believe anyone would be that sick. If it was my mother he did this to, I would kick the carp out of him.

Excuse me while I vomit.

Will

• Valis
    Valis
    "We don't have a lot of incidents (pedophiles), so I would say it's fairly good," (Jehovahs People) she says. "We're probably not perfect." (Our All Time Favorite Copout)

comments added cuz it just sounded so like what dubbies would say.. This guy is a sicko.....AND it would appear Cananda is getting their fill of JWs alright and good for them!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The story is reliable and well researched.

The elder was arrested.

The victim was going to meetings but has not been to a meeting since the assault. The cong is rallying around the elder who is still in good standing. The daughter of the victim lives close enough to the hall to see him going in and out and being welcomed outside the hall

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Maybe we should sent this link to Judge Molley from the Vicky Boer judgement.

Will.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Not too far from here. I never knew life existed in Brandon, maybe that's because I've never been there.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Can someone find out if Gordon Watson is one of the Society's Hospital Liaison Committee elders (HLC)? That could explain what they meant by on 'church business'.

Gamaliel

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I thought this thread was about me when I glanced at the title....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My sources state he went in the hospital and posed as a doctor and was there specifically to visit this person. So he knew her name and he did not say he was a minister. Hence the charges of personation.

She was on a psych ward for assessment not on a surgical ward for pre-op where blood might be an issue.

The daughter says he introduced himself "as a doctor"

It is possible however that he was there "on church business" in regards to someone else and then decided to see this woman.

Also since when do elders make their calls on a Saturday night? Alone? I thought they always went in 2s.

Seems the trial has been moved from Oct to Nov. The initial reports that I heard was that it was to go to court in Oct.

Although the woman was traumatized by the incident she was sent home after passing her psychological assessment and the last I heard she was home caring for her husband

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit