Warwick Project Update Email

by wifibandit 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Fwd from Anon:

Dear Brothers,

We are happy to provide you with a brief progress update on the Warwick Project and explain how you can assist with a major adjustment recently approved in our construction schedule. Thus far, almost 27,000 have been able to have a share in the work at Warwick. Many of you are among them and you have personally seen Jehovah’s spirit in operation both at the project and with your personal circumstances enabling you to come and work. Preparations are underway to obtain certificates of occupancy for two of the four residence buildings which will soon be occupied by hundreds of volunteers assisting on the project. Much work is also underway to complete the large Maintenance Building and Offices/Services Building.

In order to make the best use of dedicated funds and assist with other theocratic directives, the Governing Body recently adjusted the project completion date from December 31, 2016 to September 1, 2016. Since this has reduced the project timeline by four months, various construction schedules are being updated, which directly affects when certain trades are needed.

While we will continue to need volunteers to complete the project through next summer, it appears the bulk of the work will take place during the time frames below. Thus, if you have not yet had the opportunity to work at Warwick or had hoped to return again before project completion, now is the time to make yourself available. We have a need for additional volunteers beginning in November and December in the marked trades below (*) and will continue to need them until the time frame noted. This does not mean all CG work will end at that time, but rather we expect the bulk of the CG work for those trades to wind down. Due to rooming constraints we are only able to invite those with advanced skills in their trade. Although many wish to volunteer with their mate, this is no longer possible in most cases.

TRADEStartingEnding
    Electrical11/12/2015Early April 2016
    Interiors (Paint)02/01/2016July 2016
    Interiors (Tile)11/30/2015June 2016
    Plumbing (Plumber) *11/12/2015Late February 2016
    Plumbing (Spr Fitter) *11/12/2015Late January 2016
    Walls & Ceilings (Drop Ceiling)12/21/2015Late July 2016
    W&C (DW Finish) *11/12/2015Early April 2016
    W&C (DW Hanging) *11/12/2015Mid-March 2016
    W&C (Framer) *11/12/2015February 2016

To indicate your availability:
    If previously approved by your Construction Group – please contact your Construction Group by e-mail with your availability. (See attachment)
    If you previously submitted a Temporary Volunteer application, you can alert the Warwick Volunteer desk of your availability at [email protected].

Your brothers,
    Warwick Construction Project Committee

• TheListener
    TheListener
    I wonder how they cut 4 months off their plan? Build less? Spend more? Lower cost/quality materials that can be gotten faster?
  • sir82
    sir82

In order to make the best use of dedicated funds and assist with other theocratic directives, the Governing Body recently adjusted the project completion date from December 31, 2016 to September 1, 2016.

How does moving up the deadline help to "make the best use of dedicated funds"?

What are these "theocratic directives"? And who issues them?

It sounds like they are expecting (or dreading) some sort of financial apocalypse in late 2016, and feel an urgency to finish before then.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock
    Many of you are among them and you have personally seen Jehovah’s spirit in operation both at the project and with your personal circumstances enabling you to come and work.

I have to say... Isn't it interesting that God's blessings for the volunteers always comes through their ability to pay their OWN way. Why can't God bless the organization to have the funds to buy a plane ticket for the volunteers?

Just an interesting choice God is making in how to distribute his blessings...

It baffles me how much BS these JW's will swallow.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

This seems to support my suspicion when it was first reported here that warwick would be finishing early. It doesn't look like they're actually ahead of schedule, but they're just moving the goal deadline. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. Will it be viewed as god taking his blessing away if they miss their date or will it be just an adjustment from the GB "In order to make the best use of dedicated funds" again?

This was what I was wondering myself. The project management triangle dictates that pulling in the schedule must be countered by a greater reduction in project scope/quality in order for their to be a reduction in cost. A shorter timeline won't reduce project cost in and of itself, even if they are cheating and using unpaid labor. My hunch is that they're eyeballing the potential cash from the properties they can sell once they move out. They must really need the money if they're changing plans so drastically just to be able to sell some property 4 months earlier.

• the comet
    the comet

I guess you are saving some money by moving up the completion date by 3 months. They feed all the workers right? Saving 3 months food costs, that's saving something. Other than that, off the top of my head I can't think how it saves them money.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I'm no math guy but...

If you don't change the amount of work to be done then won't you really use the same amount of volunteer hours - just not as spread out? Which may end up having its own associated costs.

It seems that the cheapest way to shorten their schedule is to reduce the scope (either the size, number or finishes of buildings).

OEJ, can you explain that management triangle you mentioned?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Sometimes large constructions like these have additional costs than just materials and labor. Sometimes permits and concessions expire. There are conditions to development that must be met with work or money. If you don't finish, you pay. There was a case I remember where the watchtower bought land for development. The city approved the development and gave incentives. One was having to make some donation or purchase for the local fire department (if memory serves me well). The real state agency that managed the sale had a clause that said that the org had a number of years to develop the property. If the development was canceled by the org and they wanted to sort of "return" the property, they had to pay a huge sum of money on fines.

So sometimes accelerating the job may cost more in personnel but a lot less in red tape.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Large construction projects are built in phases, this is especially true with multi-building projects. My guess is that they just decided to not build something, and then declare themselves done. Whatever it is they're skipping will be built later.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

My question.....:once the place is built...then what?

The gb kick up their feet, while ex bethelites, ex special pioneers, ex.........etc are at the front gate hungry, and homeless.😕

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit