An Exercise in Futility?

by StinkyPantz 22 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'm not the easiest person to get to know, so sometimes people get the wrong idea about me. In my experience, once someone has a negative opinion of me, there's almost nothing I can do about it. If I prove them wrong, they just seem to resent it even more.

Walter

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I am misunderstood much more often then I am understood and that's fine. I?ve been accused of being stuck up numerous times of all things, by people who didn?t know me beyond the basic introductions. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life explaining to everyone that doesn't "get it".

I often leave a negative impression but patience has taught me that they wouldn't have made very good friends anyway, too shallow. And those who "get it" when I'm being silly or dark or whatever, turn out to be more worth my time anyway.

Anyone to that thinks they ?know? someone through communicating on the Internet is delusional.

• Prisca
    Prisca

SP,

Here in Australia we have a saying: Don't let the bastards get you down.

Take care hun.

• Naebliss
    Naebliss

Here in canada we have a saying as well, "Sometimes you get the raccoon, sometimes the raccoon gets you" Moral of the story? Canadians drink too much.

• drwtsn32
  • Simon
    Simon

Wow, this is such a clever thread !

You should first examine yourself and decide if someone has really 'judged you negatively' or if, perhaps, they've warned you about certain behaviour and you have taken no notice of them. You should ask yourself: have people spent a lot of time and effort dropping hints and explaining things to me but I've just ignored them and tried to 'be clever' in return?

Don't assume that you are that important to other people that they really give a flying fig about 'you' and what you do - they maybe just don't like certain behaviour and ask everyone to refrain from it but others get the hint and stop so don't end up thinking they are being singled out when they are not.

All "hypothetically" and general of course

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Have you ever tried heeding your own advice?

have people spent a lot of time and effort dropping hints and explaining things to me but I've just ignored them and tried to 'be clever' in return?

Do you know how to empathize?

Do you find yourself assuming things?

Do you hold grudges?

Are you closeminded?

Do you ever change your mind about someone?

Can you be clever?

Do you like me new avatar?

• wednesday
    wednesday

i do not like the avatar

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    have people spent a lot of time and effort dropping hints and explaining things to me but I've just ignored them and tried to 'be clever' in return?

Since this thread hasn't been deleted yet let me add:

You haven't explained anything to me. The last few threads of mine that you locked had no explanation. "Spent a lot of time" as in NONE?!

• jelly
    jelly

I don?t care much if people decide to judge me negatively. It happens all the time, it is just a function of having opinions that are not PC. People that don?t like me don?t bother me because the feeling is probably mutual and we tend to avoid each other. The people that suck are the passive aggressive types. Never confronting directly but always doing little things to piss you off under the radar so to speak. Those people suck because they stay in your life irritating you endlessly, if you allow them.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit