An Exercise in Futility?

by StinkyPantz 22 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

**Trying to change someone's mind when they have already judged you negatively.**

Why bother? I say just be yourself and maybe if they open their mind they'll see the real you. Self-examination is always good; but if upon completion, you have a "clean bill of health", then continue about your business in your usual way. If they are being biased or obtuse, screw 'em!

• blondie
    blondie

SP, if someone is that rigid in their thinking, why care what they think? That's what I did when I went to the KH. Just the fact that I didn't care seemed to bother them more than if I had tried to change their viewpoint.

What you think of yourself is more important.

Blondie

• Aztec
    Aztec

Changing someome's mind is very difficult! Sad, but true! All you can do is keep on trying! Good luck Bridget!

~Aztec

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Kidnap them, tie them to a chair, stuff a sock in their mouth, and make them watch 36 hours of slide shows and powerpoint presentations extolling your best points and virtues.

It may be illegal for me to say, but for the right price..... say, pictures of your good points, I'll give you Simons itenerary.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    An Exercise in Futility?

Yeap.

just be yourself

Agreed.

maybe if they open their mind they'll see the real you.

I guess this would be important if I cared about the other person thought of me in the first place.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Six-

Don't ASSume. . this is just a general thread . I really hate it when someone THINKS they know my reasons for posting something. . .

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Don't assume that I assumed anything about this post or the way some people are always assuming. I say weird, totally disconnected stuff all the time. Sure, most people just pretend to understand, but in this case maybe you shouldn't, for fear of assuming. Now assume the position, cuz you need a spanking.

Six~ the Unassumerist

• teejay
    teejay

I wonder what it means when someone spends more than three seconds over any seven-day period being the least bit concerned with people who shouldn't even matter.

Oh... nevermind. I found it...

mas·och·ism (m²s??-k¹z??m) n. 1.a. The act or an instance of deriving sexual gratification from being physically or emotionally abused. b. A psychological disorder in which sexual gratification is derived from being physically or emotionally abused. 2.a. The act or an instance of deriving pleasure from being offended, dominated, or mistreated. b. The tendency to seek such mistreatment.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Teej-

That's me!!

((Six))-

I luvs you!!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    The act or an instance of deriving sexual gratification from being physically or emotionally abused.

I'm there baby. I've assumed things and I've assumed the proper position for punishment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit