Kingdom Hall Sales

by lastmanstanding 14 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

alanv ,I don`t think they need to build new KH`s ,hasn`t "quick build" died the death now ? I truly think they are gradually going the way Televangelists have gone decades b4 them .and think its a blessing from Jehovah that they have done so.?

Selling KH`s and Branch Offices around the world will give them huge amounts of $$$$$ to tide them over while they, the G.B. are still alive . And I don`t think they care too much what happens after that .

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If the video conference thing works well, then the mid-week meetings at KH's could be done away with. With the closing of many KH's and people having to drive extended distances, a once a week Sunday/Saturday at the KH is all that would be needed.

Rub a Dub

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I haven't been on here for quite a while - and I was wondering how the WT was managing to fleece the Congregation during this pandemic? The selling of KHs has been going on a while now - liquidising assets - but I can see how the overall sale could boost the coffers. However, if 50% of the meetings were via 'Zoom', it would prove difficult for the majority of the 'flock' who are elderly, have no means to buy a laptop or be able to use technology (the WT has warned many for years the evils of the internet)...

...and, as an aside, I was just googling dubs - and now they have their fingers in funerals?! Jeeez. They're offering the same service, at a higher cost, than similar 'basic cremations'.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Technology in K.Halls enables live video from Bethel and allows the cong to broadcast meetings via " Live Kingdom Hall" and KHConf apps,The log in codes for these are carefully guarded by elders and only given to the very elderly or infirm . That is to preserve meeting attendance ,in normal times.

When this virus thing is over and meetings start again, they won't want people sitting at home.

At least that has been my experience. .?..

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

BluesBrother...do you think they've already primed the Congregation about donations? The KH boxes will be empty, and money is their driving force.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit