JWs, UFO's, demons, and the book "The Dark Gods"

by MikeHammer 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Mike Hammer

sorry to go off topic , but are/were you a fan of Mickey Spillanes books before he became a J.W. and then apparently he left after many years and returned to writing books again .

A TV series was based on his books .Mike Hammer was a P.I. played by Darren McGavin around about the 1950`s-60`s

I was a fan of his books before converting to the J.W.`s.

Getting back on topic I was under the impression J.W.`s indicated UFO`s were Demon inspired to mislead people from the truth.

Aliens living on other planets would negate the Genisis account of creation and Christs sacrifice for atoning mankind`s sin etc.

However the UFO phenonemen has always intrigued me , especially now with the knowledge that is available about the universe through modern technology and space exploration. The ever increasing number of planets that are being found around distant stars (Suns) is mind boggling to say the least.

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "Given their 100% failure rate for prophecy, we can count on Alien contact."

Hard to argue with.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The fundamentalist evangelical worldview (JW or otherwise) simply doesn't have room for the possibility of intelligent ETs.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ smiddy...

Actually, Stacy Keach played Mike Hammer.

Darren McGavin played Kolchak (not to be confused with Kojak, who was played by Telly Savalas).

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Speaking of Mike Hammer,, from Kiss Me Deadly (1955)

Friday: Who are you?

Mike Hammer: Who am I? Who are you?

Friday: I'm Friday. I'd have been named Tuesday if I'd been born on Tuesday. I'm Carl's sister, half-sister. Same mother, different father. You know, you're not like the others - Carl's friends, I mean.

Mike Hammer: Maybe that's because I'm not his friend.

Friday: Oh, wonderful. Then you can be my friend, all mine; nothing to do with Carl.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Vidiot

We are both right D.M. played M.H. from 1958 -1960 , he also played Kolchak among others.

S.K.played M,H, 1997-1998

It must show the difference in our ages LOL

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Huh.

You're right; I never knew there was a Mike Hammer TV show in the late 50s.

Guess I should have checked IMBD.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Who knows, Aliens could be real. Perhaps other beings have been influencing or meddling with human affairs. Maybe they created us?

This is closer to the truth about our reality than you think DD. I've always been fascinated by UFO's and just paranormal activity in general. Check this out and see if it doesn't blow your mind like it has mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMlUepVgbA

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Tenacious...

Big universe.

Seem like an awful waste of space otherwise.

• JWchange
    JWchange

If Aliens are non human advanced intelligent beings from other planets, other dimensions, other universes, i believe there is a high probability there are such super advanced life forms.

There is also a high probability Religious literature and historic texts is full of Alien encounters. Angels, Demons, Jinn (Quoran), Hindu Gods, etc. Depending on the eye of the beholder and their benevolence, some are portrayed as bad ('Demons), or Good (Angels).

if there are many races of such beings, some may use spacecraft (UFOs), but more advanced ones (Ultra Terrestrials) would have technology so advanced they could possibly make themselves invisible. Even if they had spacecraft, we would would not see them unless they wanted us to for a reason.

When i was an active JW, I secretly believed all the above and even thought the New Jerusalem in Revelation could be a giant mother ship, 'and the whole world would see him in the clouds [via CNN}'. Who knows?

Read Jim Marrs books. I'm also a fan of Graham Hancock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit