Born-In Fading Out

by NC1998 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• NC1998
    NC1998

Thanks, Biahi. I don't plan on meeting with them for any reason, ever. My thinking is if they want to find something wrong, anything I say will be viewed that way.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    If they ask you if you believe the FDS, aka, the Governing Body, can dispense truth, DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION.

This is the question that their inquisition will be leading up to. They operate similar to the way the Catholic Church did during the inquisitions.

They will want to hold your feet to the fire and get you to denounce the Pope Governing Body.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome to our World. We've all walked down the path you have just started on. Be prepared for a rough ride! But it's worth it. Proceed with caution. Don't do anything rash. And DO NOT TRUST any active JW "friend" with how you feel about things now.

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome to the fray NC1998. I stopped going to the meetings....what a joy that was! About six weeks later an elder called to see why and I told him that the religion "was not for me". He said he was calling to check whether I was writing against the org, i.e a rabid publicity seeking activist, and I said no, it's not for me anymore. So they just announced that I was no longer one of Js Ws. The signal to shun!

If you take it slowly and never say that you don't believe the GB are guided by God and you keep your wife on your side, chances are that you can slide out unscathed. Best wishes in your endeavours!

• NC1998
    NC1998

Half banana, I really thought as much. I couldn't see me thinking logically being tolerated, so I had no intention of ever explaining anything except being up front with my wife. Doesn't look good so far, but cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing. There's time.

Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit