Continuing congregation mergers

by Are you serious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

In the area I live in the Pacific Northwest, three Spanish congregations we're merged into two a couple of years ago and in the next month or so four English congregations will be cut down to three. Both situations happened because of lack of growth. A few years ago, I would never have imagined Spanish congregations disappearing or merging but it's happening. May the decline keep gaining ground.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Three cheers for the decline.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Watch for a new foreign language group. They count as congregations on their tallies, and I notice a new one almost every time I see a merger.

So, the almost 500 less congregations in the U.S. probably is more like 1500.

Lying sick bastard asshats. Hell would be too good for them.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Seriously? Thats why hell is too good for them? The way they choose to count their membership is worthy of eternal damnation...? The idea that a language group, with its own meetings, is counted a congregation angers you that much?

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Wakanda there are no signs of new language groups here so we're good on that. Im pretty sure in a few years the three English congregations will be down to two.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, at the rate they're going, in ten years there's only gonna be, like, a dozen Halls in the entire fricking country...

...and they'll still (somehow) call it "growth".

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

It was a little sideways anger Morph. uggh.

Edit 1:Look for the new group by August, or August of next year I would guess. I just saw a group added where a merge happened and it took a year.

Edit 2: It is just a desperate move, but I want people who are still doubting to have all the info.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Jah is really speeding up the chariot!!! lol

• Sandino
    Sandino

And, from what I've seen, numbers of baptisms at the assemblies is nothing to write home about.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Are you serious.....

Send me a PM, I too am in the PNW.

Where exactly are you? Sounds just like what is happening in my area also!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit