You Know- Who are the real apostates?

by professor 12 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor
    However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. Also, with covetousness they will exploit you with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgement from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering. -2 Peter 2:1-3 NWT

Who does this sound like?

"However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you."

This passage speaks the clearest message. Is it not the Watctower Society that has put forth countless false prophesies while claiming to be the mouthpeice of God?

"These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects"

C. T. Russell, his Bible Students, Russellites, Millenial Dawners, J. F. Rutherford and his Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. etc.

"and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves."

Jesus Christ, who bought our salvation with His life, is demoted to Michael the Archangel.

"Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively."

Millions of JW's knocking on our doors on Satuday morning.

"Also, with covetousness they will exploit you with counterfeit words."

Words like "new light", "Jehovah's earthly organization", "the truth", "Jehovah's mouthpeice", and all the bogus JW double-talk and false justification of their false prophesies and bloodguilt.

"But as for them, the judgement from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering."

Something to anticipate.

• You Know
    You Know
    "However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you."

I suppose you can't blame an apostate for trying, but it just doesn't work. For one thing, the WT is not wrong about what is important, namely, that we are living in the last days. It is apostates who say that the system is going to just keep going indefinitely. So, we are confident that time will prove you to be the liars.

"These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects"

Obviously that could not apply to the Watchtower since we have been anything but subtle. It does however aptly discribe the apostates that slither quietly among the brothers hoping to sow seeds of doubt in the minds of others.

"and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves."

The Watchtower has always honored Jesus as the Son of God. On the other hand apostate obviously blaspheme Christ and Jehovah by reviling mankind's Creator and his Son as baby killers and tyrants.

"Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.

This board testifies to the fact that many apostate JWs are immoral, like the proverbial dogs that have returned to lapping up their own vomit.

"Also, with covetousness they will exploit you with counterfeit words."

Highly charged words like 'cult' and mind-control are used by cunning apostates to create the impression that they have been frred from a dangerous group. The reality is quite different.

"But as for them, the judgement from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering."

AMEN / You Know

• bigboi
    bigboi

Hey You Know:

In your reply to Professor you said that the WTS hasn't been wrong about what is important, that we are living in the last days. Since when have we been living in the last days? 1798 or 1914?

thanks for your response,

Bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

you know

how long have you been brainwashed now?

• TR
    TR

Lest I be lax with my duties, I feel the time is appropriate to present "You Know" with the coveted "Head Up Your Ass" award.

Congratulations, You Know. For the false religious beliefs that you espouse, I present you with your award. Wear it well.

"cults suck"

• XJWBill
    XJWBill

Professor--brilliant explication! You get a G for APPLICATION MADE CLEAR! (But let's work on gestures.)

TR--OMG!!! Great pic! But how'd you manage to sneak into YK's bathroom?

YK--Someone on another thread said you are really one of us, and are just making all this up for a laugh.

Are you really blowing smoke up our collective orifice? Or have you really OD'd on the Watchtower glue? And what will be the sign of your presence?

Bill

"If we all loved one another as much as we say we love God, I reckon there wouldn't be as much meanness in the world as there is."--from the movie Resurrection (1979)

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

TR,

You got do-do under your lips.

• larc
    larc

Hi brother You Know,

You said that many apostates are immoral. Could you put a percent on that? How many JWs are immoral? Could you quantify that for us as well?

From what I have read here, fornication, adultry, alcholism, spousal abuse, and child abuse is common among the JWs. Also, depression and anxiety are common as well. They are not the happy campers that they portray themselves to be. I find happier people taking a random sample of people from my neighborhood. Of course, that is because the people in the hood are materialistic.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Larc,

I'm an immoral cat.

• JAVA
    JAVA

YK,

For one thing, the WT is not wrong about what is important, namely, that we are living in the last days.

1914, 1918, 1919,
    Millions Now Living Will Never Die (1920),
    1925, 1975, before end of 20th century,
    read The Watchtower for upcoming dates.

Don’t miss Jehovah Will Murder Billions

now playing at a Kingdom Hall near you!

(Above scene from Watchtower Society of God having humans murdered.)
    What Does God Require of Us? Lesson 5 "What Is God's Purpose for the Earth?"

Watchtower Society WARNING: Not joining our
    sect could cause sudden DEATH!
    Have a nice day.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit