My dental theory

by The Fall Guy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

While enjoying one of my favourite snacks the other day, (Hula Hoops) I suddenly had this thought; if ever a metal nut is hard to loosen with a wrench, usually a a couple of sharp hits with a hammer is enough to break the grip of whatever is holding it - usually rust. Similarly, crunching on foods which can impart small shockwaves to a capped tooth could have the same effect and cause the hardened dental cement to fracture and loosen the crown. (cap)

I Googled and found a site which warns against eating certain foods if you have capped teeth.

https://www.cavendental.com/blog/what-are-the-top-foods-to-avoid-with-a-dental-crown-in-place

Just a thought.

• stillin
    stillin

You're probably right. But These Doritos are going to get stale, and harder, if I don't eat them right now.

• waton
    waton

switched to a different kind of date and found out the hard way. painfully loosened a front lower, hope it will heal back in, so far so good. My dental theory? do not switch dates, They may have pits.

• LV101
    LV101

Yep - raw almonds not a good idea either. Broke my crown off on a rt. canal tooth. Dentist told me years ago that dentists love nuts/almonds -- they keep dentists rich.

• amicabl
    amicabl

Stripping thin electric cable with your front teeth is a poor idea as well. Broke a tiny piece off between the teeth. From then on I look for the cable stripper.

• waton
    waton

Knew a "sister" from a healthy teeth, big smile country that opened beer bottles with her teeth. regularly. for all comers.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Knew a "sister" from a healthy teeth, big smile country that opened beer bottles with her teeth. regularly. for all comers - yes, I do this if I'm walking down the street and suddenly fancy a bottle of beer. I use my molars.

I'm quite lucky - I have strong, healthy teeth. I have only two fillings. When I used to go to the dentist, all my teeth needed was just a quick scrape to get what little plaque was between them.

As it is, I haven't been to the dentist for six years but I brush thoroughly and don't eat sugary foods so my teeth are in excellent condition.

If it ain't broke ...

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Frozen Snickers bars are wonderful for removing crowns.

• LV101
    LV101

LUHE - Some good genes at play there! LOL/re the beer bottles and Sail re/Frozen Snickers better have good dental ins. Teeth should grow back. It's terrible to lose a tooth - aging horror and accidents. No wonder the WT cult is so rich off all those promises.

• fulano

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit