People that are shunned and those that shun mimic slavery

by Yomama 24 Replies latest jw friends

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Slavery in bible times under the mosaic law was voluntary if you were an israelite.

Yomama, if slavery is a morally good and a voluntary thing , why cant it be Legal today ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Tomama - "Slavery in bible times under the mosaic law was voluntary if you were an Israelite."
    Irrelevant..

The point is not whether it was voluntary, socially acceptable or even legal...

...but that the ownership of human beings is morally indefensible, and that any culture, ideology, or religion who condones it is therefore, ultimately, morally illegitimate.

Any culture, ideology, or religion.

No exceptions.

And, in fact, by trying to "defend" Biblical instances of it, you're actually kind of making the point for me.

• Simon
    Simon

I find the posts equating something hurtful, but relatively trivial (shunning) with something so cruel and damaging as slavery more than a little nauseating to be honest.

Are some people desperate to be victims? I don't care who shunned you, it's not that big of a deal nor is it unique to the JW experience.

• Yomama
    Yomama
    Shunning may be trivial to some but to others it is not.
  • Yomama
    Yomama

Some need therapy just to not commit sucide thats not trivial to loose your entire familey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit