"Besides, We Give Gifts Throughout the Year!"

by Swan 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

I'm only 15, but when i was 1-5 years of age i never got wrapped presents from my mom or my dad. My mom would buy me gifts like when i was about 2 or 3 she bought me a doll house and woke me up late at night to give it to me. She did the same with a doll... but none of it was wrapped. My dad just never bought me anything even when he wasn't in the witnesses. of course I was young and i didn't realize, but now I do.

~*!ChimChim!*~

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    So what I seem to be hearing here is that with a few exceptions, it was just another line of crap that the Watchtower programmed us to say.

Line of crap is right. My parents and I were at book study one time around the holidays when someone said that line, about getting gifts all year around, how we don't have to be told to give gifts of love. I was maybe 11 or 12 at the time. Anyway a teenage girl spoke up and responded that "yes it's a nice thought but the reality in her home was there were never gifts to open, only school clothes and stuff like that".

When we got home my parents asked if I missed getting gifts and I told him I didn't know because I never really got any.

Christmas came that weekend. Mom and dad blew a bundle and we had a lot of gift days after that. They weren't always expensive but they sure made me feel loved.

• noneofurbiznis
    noneofurbiznis
    0. ; Unless it was an occasion...

Anniversary, Graduation, Wedding...and even then, you find more stingy people than generous ones. ; For my Graduation, I received a couple of inexpensive presents and 36$. ; One of my friends, who kissed all of the JW ass, got over a thousand, and none of it was from family. ; You had to be connected to get anything worthwhile on those three occasions.

ash

AMEN!! I wasn't one of the "popular" kids at the hall & for some crummy reason they put us all together for one big graduation party (I didn't want one from them at all...my mom made me) & the 3 other kids made off with boatloads of gifts & money. I got about $50 (only reason why it was so high was because two families were friends with my grandfathers who are both well respected elders in other congregations), car emergency kit, & some scented lotions. AND why would someone write a check for $5??? So I would remember just who is that stingy?? Let me see gifts outside of occasions.....um...well my grandma got me an alarm clock. My other grandparents bought me a few barbies & took me to Disney World...they're more giving than most JW's when it comes to kids...now I get nada..until my wedding anniversary rolls around..then it's like $25 to 50. It's almost like a bribe to stay married...a poor bribe at that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit