Next change?

by JW_Rogue 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

My speculation? That women would no longer be forced into the silly habit of scurrying around looking for some type of hat, or resorting to a paper napkin to have a "proper" head covering.

If one reads the scriptures they manipulate to force this issue that requirement is NOT scriptural. After Paul rants about head covering this is what is said, "(1 Corinthians 11:15) 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? Because her hair is given her instead of a headdress*. . . and the footnote states very plainly *** Rbi8 1 Corinthians 11:15 ***Or, “given her as a covering.”

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

So many older and younger men are scurrying around trying to grow a beard in Wash towel land, that this time next year, they will resemble a congregation of Amish and unknowingly and unwittingly so. Wonder If they will start wearing a corn grown hat to match. Maybe a collection box for unused razors is in order. They can’t see how predictable they have become, trying to be the first to follow their leaders down the yellow brick road.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

ZZ Top anyone?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

ZZ top anyone?

LoL.

Or the Sheepdogs.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

Just had THE talk with my long time PIMI father, but did it in a gentle way. Basically talking about the AGM change that you can place your bets that JWs do not have the correct interpretation of the BIble and if it turns out they did then you can come in last minute.

He asked me do you believe that we have the correct interpretations of the Bible, and I answered no, but I’m not saying I have even better correct interpretations myself.

We then talked about the Bible and I said I still have faith in the Bible (not entirely true as I’m agnostic) but I wanted to do this gently as possible. I still have hope in the Buble but I don’t have faith in the JW interpretation for example 1914 I’m pretty sure in fact as certain as I could be that JWs are wrong. He even almost agreed with me that maybe the 1914 teaching is not quite right. I was absolutely gob smacked.

anyway that is the start of him realising I’m PIMA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit