If you don't GERRIT you remain in the LOSCH of Watchtower

by Longlivetherenegades 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

If you don't Gerrit you remain in the Losch of lies and manipulations of the New World Society of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Today only one organization is exclaiming about this real peril. This is the New World society of Jehovah’s Witnesses. For many years now they have diligently sounded the warning. All others have remained silent. This very silence is the sign of a false religion. The Bible calls false religionists “dumb dogs” because they do not exclaim in warning: “They are all without knowledge; they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; dreaming, lying down, loving to slumber..... The Watchtower March 1, 1955 pp. 131-132

In Gerrit Losch words when reading what follows, watchtower is lying and manipulating the facts.......

1. Martin of tours of french bishop stated that the world would end before the year 400 C. E. Hippolytus and two others predicted Jesus to return in the year 500 C. E of our time.

2. Africanus Sextus Julius with his Latin name predicted it for the year 800.

3. Of course also the year 1000 was predicted including by Pope Sylvester as some sources claim.

4. Pope Innocent III predicted the end for the year 1284 which would have been 666years after the rise of Islam.

5. Luther a German priest and professor of theology predicted the end of the world would occur no later than in the year 1600

6. A Lutheran clergy man Johan Albrecht Bengel predicted the year 1836.

7. Miller a baptist preacher predicted the date March 21,1844 for the return of Christ but later revised it to October 22.

8. The adventist preacher Wendell predicted 1873. When Jesus did not come he reinterpreted his predictions saying that Jesus had returned indeed but I invisible form.

So from all of the above how come is the Watchtower, New world society of Jehovah’s Witnesses the only organisation sounding the warning, exclaiming the real peril? How? This is a deliberate and well constructed effort of that religious organization to mislead right from the inception.

What do you think?

• Biahi
    Biahi

What do I think? This is a doomsday cult, which has, through the years, harmed countless people, from death by refusal of blood transfusions, suicides by their cruel shunning, and also untapped potential of many, by forbidding college educations. I will rejoice when this evil organization closes its doors for good.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    So from all of the above how come is the Watchtower, New world society of Jehovah’s Witnesses the only organisation sounding the warning, exclaiming the real peril? How? This is a deliberate and well constructed effort of that religious organization to mislead right from the inception.

I'm sorry, but I don't get your point in the OP.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ Sea Breeze, the Watchtower of March 1 1955 says New world Society of Jehovah’s Witnesses are the only one sounding warning and exclaiming real peril of the world coming to an end.

In one of Gerrit Losch videos he was reading a long list of other religious organization predictions that did not come to pass in his quest to exonerate the Watchtower as not the only one in the business of making false predictions to warn people of imminent end to world whereas he should be conversant with that March 1955 watchtower where they stated categorically that they are the only organisation exclaiming the real peril or sounding the warning.

I hope you get it now.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thank you for the clarification.

So Losch is comparing God's one true oranization to the "whore of Babylon" saying in effect, "they did it too". I can't see how that helps his case.

I don't think that will fly with the older JW's.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It's good to see him admit that they're just another religion.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

It equally shows how they can lie in both ways and still want to be seen as the only true religion doing God's will on earth.

1. The Watchtower of March 1 1955 was filled with lies against Christendom.

2. Gerrit Losch confirmed that Watchtower is like other religious organization who made false predictions in the name of God.

3. Gerrit Losch confirms watchtower as a religious organization is self conflicting

4. Like another poster rightly stated about one of my post regarding this, watchtower will blame Christendom for not lying or making false predictions

• Dagney
    Dagney

None of the GB had any religious training as far as I know, and they don't really care to. So they can make any claim and go about their day because it just doesn't matter. They are focused on $$ and keeping their jobs and golden living arrangements.

I was still in when a program came on PBS about apocalyptic religions through the centuries. I'm sure your list above was part of the program. The show came right through the 1800's and the offshoots of Miller. Each sect presented perfectly good reasons in their mind why their specific date was "the real end of the world." It made all the difference to me and I was out within two years. I watched the same show with an elder friend and his wife, and it didn't phase him one bit. So it goes.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The mainstream denominations had long given up making predictions by the time of this article. Even the popes hadn't made any for over 700 years. And "a Lutheran clergyman" in 1836 doesn't equate to the Lutheran church.

The trouble with nailing your colours to the mast is that they're up there for all to see. Every breathlessly uttered date of the WT has proven to be false. 1914, 110 years later, is such a joke that many sober thinkers strongly opine that the WT will eventually drop it. The 1955 article is ten years after a second world war since 1914, yet the WT lionizes itself as the sole predicter of the end.

"We're still predicting firm dates while nobody else is" soon becomes a liability.

• Dagney
    Dagney

All they have to say now is the end is "really really really really close!"

Everybody seems to be good with just that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit