JW.Org data

by snare&racket 10 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

To think they have hung the blue and white sign on every building they own in the world and that this was a publicity campaign with the presumed backing of the god of the universe....... it's not going well.

Despite the 8.5 million followers, who through design have to visit the site......It isn't even in the top ten..... top fifty..... top one hundred ......top two hundred visited sites globally.

Users on average click through 7 pages per visit and don't stay long, averaging about a minute a page.

As for the data on its search over time 'JW.org' is now googled globally at a rate less than 25% of its peak and is usually associated for a search for the daily text.

Between this and the carts, the only message getting through to real people is 'Child Abuse' and that woman from King Of Queens taking an interest!

I sincerely think we are seeing evidence of what has been anecdotal decline...... waited long enough for it!

Snare x

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Awesome, thank you for breaking this down, excellent.

!

👍🏼✨

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Don't they understand: It's mostly JWs themselves using the site! (Just like the "Public" talks.)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Such data are always difficult to interpret.

In past discussions some have suggested that JWs initially had to search for the new JW Org site resulting in a peak around 2014 and that JWs now go directly to the site without searching for it. Which seems like a more reasonable explanation than to conclude that JW Org is 75% less popular overall now than in 2014.

The point about the site not keeping people’s attention sounds intuitively correct and it would be interesting to research further.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Its a JW delusion like so many others.

I had a JW friend who is 1/2 in 1/2 out and still will talk to me tell me once "that JW.org is the envy of the world" (fyi he is a programmer and should know better), I had to take him to task on it and ask him what evidence does he have to say that, and what about the site is any better than a nice blog.

Of course there was none and he recanted.

slimboyfat - what it does say - is that NEW people are not continuing to go to the site, or that spike would continue. It shows that most of the users are long term uses (JWs) and there is not a steady influx of new people on the site.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

S&R, thanks for posting, if you break it down on a country by country basis, it seems that most of the interest is coming from a few countries in central Africa. That is great news, a very needy people with no money to give.

RB

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A small diversion from the main Topic, but a while ago I told a friend that I had to attend a Funeral in a certain locality, " Oh is that at such and such Church ?" he asked, I said no "at the local J.W one", he said "exactly where is that then ?" so I told him, and he said " Oh I thought that was a Business premises, with that Logo on it".

Another FAIL for JW Org, of course he was right, it is a Business Premises !

• Spiral
    Spiral

iwantoutnow:

Its a JW delusion like so many others.

I had a JW friend who is 1/2 in 1/2 out and still will talk to me tell me once "that JW.org is the envy of the world" (fyi he is a programmer and should know better), I had to take him to task on it and ask him what evidence does he have to say that, and what about the site is any better than a nice blog.

Of course there was none and he recanted.

THAT sounds exactly what some of the JWs say here because that's the propaganda they've been fed. When I hear that sort of talk I just arch my eyebrow and say nothing. What's disturbing is that I can see not all of them are fooled but they still choose to repeat the nonsense.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I tend to agree with SBF. What is shown in the graph is the number of times jw.org was searched for on google, not the the number of views of jw.org. Looks like most people have their favorites set up, or have gone over the the phone-based app which goes directly to the site without a search.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"I tend to agree with SBF. What is shown in the graph is the number of times jw.org was searched for on google, not the the number of views.."

I added those statistics in also, they are 212th on the internet for daily visits.

The point I was making, was the JW's would have you believe that with God's power, JW.ORG is dominating the internet space and a technological marvel, envied by all....

It simply isn't true.

In my opinion, the JW.ORG has dated them already, there is something quite unfashionable, clinical and unnecessary to name yourself a ".org"

Anyway, the data shows a huge lack of interest despite all their spending and efforts......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit