1958 VS 2019 International Covention

by joey jojo 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mann377
    mann377

Paradise Lost, Paradise Found. Big book for studying. Loved it. was only 7 years old there and could not get over the big city and all the people. Got beat up by a boy from Indiana three rows up from me. Ah the memories....

• waton
    waton

There was a wise, if unscriptural procedure demonstrated by wt there and then:

Giving ladies the mikes to teach from the platforms, and off. Catering to the jezebel instinct of some in the "Greater Army" is a great success.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

To think that so many there are now dead and were promised they'd never die. The youngest ones there are now in there 60s.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

“God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.”—Gen. 1:27, NW.

blondie ,has anybody picked up on the lie the JW`s / GB have made with this statement ?
    My New World Translation of the Bible ,1961 ,1981 ,1984.

Says this .

In Genesis 1 : 26 " And God went on to say " Let us make man in our image according to our likeness etc,etc."

Notice the difference ? with the reference to "us" and "our" in the NWT of their own Bible.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

While that convention may have been impressive in 1958 gathering 250,000 + at one time it has been over shadowed since then a number of times by religious crusades such as the Billy Graham Crusades if I remember rightly ,but certainly by the Roman Catholic Pope who has had an audience of over a million people at any one time.

Large numbers turning up for a religious event does not constitute an endorsement of a God favouring those people who attend .

Another example would be the large number of Muslim peoples who turn up to the pilgrimage around Mecca.

I wonder of those who are still alive today that attended that convention are still active Jw`s today ,just curious ?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    I wonder of those who are still alive today that attended that convention are still active Jw`s today ,just curious ?

Yes, my ex wife. My son in Harriman, Tenn. lives nearby and at last report she is wheelchair-bound.

Also, my son there married the daughter of my former best friend (and his wife), who are still living but at 84 are not kicking up their heels. They were there in N.Y. in '58.

I'm not as spry as I was but remember that convention quite well, cuz that's where my ex-wife began to get serious. We married the following April 4th.

We parted ways in 1977 but I also lost two of my boys who remained with her. I can report that shunning is alive and well as I've never even met my three grandchildren in Harriman.

From 1977 onward I followed a better than average career, enjoyed golf and tennis (not ranked in my 40's age group, I took the first of 3 sets over Texas' no. 1 -- who was no. 7 in the nation).

Today, there are no nearby tennis facilities -- or players -- so I've had a chance to hone my golf swing to the best it's ever been. Not as long off the tee as when I was nearly 25 in the following shot (yes, I skipped magazine work on this October, 1965, Saturday morning) by a co-worker. I am now more accurate and solid.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You don`t look like a FatFreek in that photo FF2005 LOL .I`m sorry for the loss of your son and grandchildren .

It boggles my mind how JW`s can equate shunning as a loving provision to get somebody back into the religion .

It`s a hateful judgemental religion that needs to be exposed at every opportunity .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit