LASIK surgery

by drwtsn32 47 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

This December will be 2 years since I had LASIK and I don't regret it at all. I highly recommend it.

Devon

• Valis
    Valis

I've had to wear glasses all my life, tried contacts, but I'm just too rowdy and either mess them up or lose them or something...I figure by the time I'm 40 the procedure will be well established enough to allay any major fears I still have and will be inexpensive enough for me to afford.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

RN: Everyone I've talked to is incredibly pleased with the results and wish they had done it sooner. My strabismus surgery was definitely painful as hell that first night. I'm expecting LASIK to be a little uncomfortable in comparison.

xjw: Is LASIK still cheaper in Canada? My sister went to Canada a couple years ago to have the procedure done. It was MUCH cheaper than having it done in the States. I think she paid $1000 for both eyes when it would have been two or three times that amount in Seattle. Fortunately prices have dropped quite a bit lately.

Devon: Thanks for your feedback!

Valis: Yeah, LASIK is advancing quite a bit. Wavefront LASIK seems very impressive. The problem with waiting is that presbyopia sets in when you get up in years and LASIK can't correct for it. That sort of convinced me not to wait too long.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

In our area, there is a doctor who does surgery for presbyopia, near sightedness, etc, all in one operation. It sounds much like cataract surgery, where the entire lens is replaced with an artificial one. Is anyone familiar with this ?

FreeFallin

• Valis
    Valis

Free..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Valis:

I figure by the time I'm 40 the procedure will be well established enough to allay any major fears I still have and will be inexpensive enough for me to

Armegeddon will be here before then ! LOL

drwtsn32:

Last time I checked it was $900-$1000 per eye, in Canadian Funds.

• Valis
    Valis

xjw...*LOL* Hey man bring on Barmageddon...I know I have a place in the Kegdom...

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I forgot to mention that I had a friend have the operation about seven years ago. He's never regretted it, either.
    He had it done in Canada, as he was living there at the time.

I had it done in Glasgow, Scotland, where it's been an established procedure for over 12 years.

I first heard about it about 15 years ago where I understood it had already been established in Italy many years before (RK??). Amongst other things I was waiting for the price to come down. I finally paid £1000 ($1500) for both eyes. LASIK was a little more expensive (£1500 / $2250).

I can't emphasis enough how much care should be taken not to rub itchy eyes, when having had LASIK. It's a better operation if your cornea's are thick enough, though, with a far quicker recovery time.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Here in Toronto, ON. Canada, you can get the Lasik treatment for less than $500 CDN per eye.

That's about $400 US and maybe even 200 UK pounds.

I know of a couple of people who had it done here, and they DO NOT wear glasses any longer and can see way better than I do.

Amazing!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Here in Toronto, ON. Canada, you can get the Lasik treatment for less than $500 CDN per eye.

RAYZORBLADE You're right. I misread the add. It used to be $1000 $1200 per eye, but now has dropped to that price for both eyes.

Now if only the private health care plans would jump on board. They pay me up to $200.00 every 24 months for corrective lenses/contacts, you'd think, if they offered corrective surgery, they could eventually recoup the cost?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit