Why the organisation is angry at me

by Alex Bogdanov 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

My name is Alex Bogdanov. I am the author of IF ONLY. It was published a month ago. Some Jehovah’s Witnesses consider me a brother and some don’t. I am not disfellowshipped. Even though I have been threatened continuously to be disfellowshipped since I was 18 years old. I am 30 years old now. I am joining your forum because one of my friends, an inactive brother, told me that someone here is writing posts pretending to be me. If you want me to confirm that this is really me I have a public FB, IG and Twitter account for my book (@alexbogdanovuk). There you can message me.

I will write a few sentences about the book and after about myself.

JW are against my book, but a few JW secretly support me. My book is a fictional love story, but it is not a standard love story. In a compact publication I try to tackle the subjects of religion, philosophy, homosexuality. One of the characters is an ex JW. I chose to do this because I didn’t write this book for Jehovah’s Witnesses, but for people who are not JW. For people who don’t have JW family or friends the behaviour of Jehovah’s Witnesses is a bizzer one. I received a few reviews and non-JWs found the ex JW character fascinating. Some readers think that this character’s experiences are not real. But any JW will know that it is real. JW don’t like my book because the character is questioning the fundamental believes of the Organisation. If you want, you can read second half of chapter V from my book. That will be enough. That is the chapter that made JW very angry. In this chapter my character is going through many questions that all JW had at some point but couldn’t discuss them at the meetings.

I don’t mind JW because some of them are good people. I still stay in contact with a few JW friends and they know all my thoughts about the Organisation. But I fully disagree with the Governing body. My parents are not JW. I started to study when I was 14, baptised when I was 15, became a pioneer when I was 17. I became a JW to study the bible not to follow someone’s leadership. I never gave up my old life and friends. I decided to study the bible and go on the ministry but not to change into a thoughtless creature. I was questioning elders constantly and when I became a pioneer I wrote a letter to the Governing body with some questions that in my opinion needed to be looked at. When I was 17 I read the “Crisis of the Conscience” and discussed it with my circuit overseer. By the time I was 18 the elders and the circuit overseer hated me. I was a JW, but I had my own life and I continued to discuss with brothers and sisters touchy subjects. When I went to University and started to date a sister who was deemed to be a bad association I was stripped from being a pioneer and told that if I will continue with my behaviour I will be disfellowshipped. The funny thing is that there is nothing to disfellowship me for. Its been 12 years since and along the way I was threatened on a few occasions. They think I troll them, but I truly want to find out the answers to my questions.

So why I don’t like the Governing body? I never believed that the New World will come in 2014. I didn’t see it in the Bible at all. I thought that in 2014 the Governing Body will apologize in front of everyone, admit their fault and instead of behaving like they have connection with Jehovah they will focus on studying the Bible. But, they decided to behave like cowards. Published another foolish book (God’s Kingdom rules) and made a new prophecy. I was disgusted. How vile they must be to continue their lies! Don’t they understand that their ideas affect millions of people? Sure, they do! If Satan exists, the Governing body are his mates. I wrote another letter to them asking them to study the Bible and stop creating philosophical ideas. But as usual I didn’t get a reply.

I have a wife, half of her family are JW and the other half are not. I have a 2 year old son. And I am happy that my child won’t grow up amongst JW. Jehovah’s Witnesses are no different to other world religions with its dogmas and destructive philosophy.

Thank you for your time

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Alex Bogdanov:

If Satan exists, the Governing body are his mates.

I believe that sums it up pretty well! If you need any documents to assist you, just let us know.

Atlantis!

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov
    Who knows? Maybe there are one or two honest people in the Governing body, but all together the result of their work is horrible. Ok, If I will need any information I will get in touch. Thank you
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I have a wife, half of her family are JW and the other half are not. I have a 2 year old son. And I am happy that my child won’t grow up amongst JW. Jehovah’s Witnesses are no different to other world religions with its dogmas and destructive philosophy.

Thanks for sharing (an clarifying your identity, I guess). You have a book, you have a wife and children and a great future ahead. I think that at this point whatever petty crap the JWs want to do to you is secondary.

When I left and started college i was surrounded by a lot of JWs wanting to see me fail. Their lack of support was my motivation and the best indicator that I was doing the right thing and that my life is in the right path.

Let their crap be your motivation too. You're not them, not like them and they resent it.

• careful
    careful

Well, if you haven't met with the judicial committee yet, you may well do so soon by posting what you have here and giving your real name! This is all they'll need:

But I fully disagree with the Governing body.

They may just announce that you've disassociated yourself by your actions. They like to do that. Or perhaps they're afraid of legal action so they'll formally "mark" you. What they are really afraid of is that you'll continue "to discuss with brothers and sisters touchy subjects."

As to them admitting that they were wrong about something, what have you been smoking?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Who here is pretending to be you? That's a weird allegation.

Congrats on the book and your awakening. If you wrote a book and are posting here against the governing body, then yes, you have done things that are worthy of disfellowshipping in their eyes. Good luck with that. Then again, who cares if you get disfellowshipped anyway unless you have attachments inside the cult, which is somewhat unclear.

I'm the most happy for your kids, that they won't have to go through a JW childhood. Growing up in freedom would be nice.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Scratchme 1010. I know its strange how some JW get all emotional about your life when they barely know you🤨

Careful. "Smoking" Ha, ha indeed 😂 Yes, they will never admit. Well they talk to Jesus personally so what can I do 😂😂

Dubstepped. Thank you. 👍I don't care if I will be disfellowshiped. They proved enough how bad they are and that they have no connection with God

• flipper
    flipper

ALEX- Dude, seriously, don't sweat it. The organization is angry at ANYONE who leaves the WT . Consider it a badge of honor

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

There was a weird post a few days ago about the OP and his book...can't remember if it was on here or Reddit.

• Whynot
    Whynot

I can't find your book. Any links?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit