AM III off topic remarks online @ jw.org

by Gorb 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

AM IIII off topic remarks at the anual meeting, are online at broadcasting.

He says in the early 70s he did not believe the end was near, and told his sons not to believe jw's who stating the end is near because the system could go on to 2020.

G.

• Listener
    Listener

The Blue Envelope from Youtube had done some research into his history and found that in 1975 Anthony and his wife stood down from full time witnessing. It was that year that their first son Jessy was born. His second son was born in 1977. This means that this talk that he gave to his sons couldn't have taken place until the 1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CxX-L8sQu8

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Would it surprise anyone on this forum if AM 111 played loose with the truth ?

The WT/JW religion revise their history all the time so it shouldn`t surprise us that a GB member can do so ?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We discussed this a little while back when the video was leaked.

O K , it is one thing to say this now, but whatever he told his family, he would not have said that openly at the time. I bet he was on the platform stressing The nearness Of the end along with the rest.

Today it is easy to say “ I always thought it could last this long “ ...... but they still say it’s coming soon!

NB . Seeing his old photo there, it’s hard to believe he has become what he is today

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It's highly suspicious that he just so happened to forecast the year before the one he was in at the talk.

Even though it was a throwaway comment, it still means he's suuuper special because the old Holy Spirit gave him the heads up!

Most of all it still means Armageddon is really near right now !!

• Gorb
    Gorb

AMG III showed independed thinking around 1975 and came away with it.

Telling your kids it can last 50 years is not an urgent attitude.

An high level example of the double talk and thinking inside jw org

G.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Let any if us say we think the end is not imminent and see what happens. I had my doubts in 75 because they are never right.

So far family has not caught on this stuff is on jw.ogre so have not had to sit through it

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Telling your kids it can last 50 years is not an urgent attitude.

Excellent point.

How quickly you'd get shuttled into the "back room" at the Kingdom Hall (or the "breakout room" on Zoom) if you said, during a talk, "this 'system of things' might last well into the 2060s or 2070s".

I think AMIII is blowing smoke up his ample patootie.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, back then he'd be contradicting the teachings coming from the governing body, so under the rules he was an apostate. Because it doesn't matter who is right or wrong under their regime.

Now he's part of the regime and is happy to benefit from the blanket "I'm automatically correct, even when I'm completely wrong" indoctrination.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The cognitive dissonance makes my head spin.

Watchtower - "This world is going to end. It could end any minute. If you do not get out you will perish forever!"

Also Watchtower -"The end may not come in your naturally lifetime, but do not do anything to care for your material needs past today. That shows a lack of faith."

Talk about wanting to eat your cake and have it too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit