Advice on fade?

by NotNorwich 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

But then again NOT everyone out ''there" wants to like you either or befriend you either.

The jws claim that there is this international " Christian brother hood". Not really so,,,its by their actions. Shunning policy,,, cliqueyness. You know what I mean. The same things exist out "there" too.

Making friends takes courage,. effort and time.

Please be patient. It will happen. It takes time.

Plan ahead. Plan & plan!!!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Welcome to the group!

Ditto on this advice: " Probably best if you continue to play the "MOM IS SICK" card and tell them your schedule is SO BUSY at the moment that you are SO STRESSED OUT. Thank them for their love and concern and promise you'll see them real soon -- just as soon as you are able to get back in person."

Remember: "out of sight... is out of mind".

Disappear graciously, without explanation.

Sometimes "moving" is easiest. Literally, or simply to another hall with "more convenient" meeting times.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOTNORWICH:

To do a ‘Fade’ from the JW religion you must plan ahead.

First thing, of course, is keep QUIET.. Say nothing to anybody and never discuss doctrines.. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.. Act as normal as you possibly can around these people and spend as little time as possible.

For starters, some must establish contacts outside the religion (job, housing) if they don’t already have.. Everybody’s situation is different, and it might be harder for some JWs than others depending on how much privacy someone actually has. Also, if somebody works for Witnesses they must be VERY careful.

In my case, I was not raised a Witness and worked full-time and lived on my own. So I already had my contacts outside the religion. Thankfully, I didn’t let Witnesses invade my privacy.. I always resisted their intrusiveness and that was wise because I could not have foreseen that I would need to run away from them!!

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

👍

Really good advice.

You sometimes don't really see the full extent of jw brainwashing until you've had time away from it.

I bumped into a person from another cong who doesn't know I have long faded.

I asked "How's your sister doing. I used to work with her some time ago?"

They answered. "SHE'S NOT IN THE TRUTH ANYMORE!"

I said, "Sorry to hear that, but how is she, is she ok?"

They then answered even more aggressively and dogmatically "I've just told you, SHE'S NOT IN THE TRUTH!"

I said, "Oh, sorry. Is there a family problem, is she giving you all a hard time spiritually?"

They said "No, not at all - SHE'S JUST NOT IN THE TRUTH SO WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HER!"

I was tempted to mention the recent advice to reach out to those who had left 'The Truth', but I thought, what's the point, as soon as they realise I no longer go to the hall I will be cut off too.

The point is, I could not see it when I was in - I had to leave to see how utterly odd the jw's are.

Regards

Ron

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Step 1 - turn around and go back to when you were away from the JWs.

There is no step 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit