Lay offs at Ebina Bethel in Japan.

by Bonsai 20 Replies latest members private

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I didn't want to make a new thread out of this, but I couldn't find an appropriate already existing thread to attach it to.

There are several rumors spreading that a large number of Bethelites at Ebina will be terminated. Right now the number being circulated is 25% of all full-timers will be let go.

Over the weekend there was a letter read at congregations in/around Tokyo and areas near Bethel, announcing that they are looking for part-time recruits who will be willing to serve at Bethel without salary or any transportation fee reimbursement.

Also, Bethelites will be required to do their own laundry and the cafe/restaurant will be closed.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I meant "layoffs". My bad. Lay off of me about the misspelling OK? They told me not to go to college because the end was so near. Sigh.
  • cofty
    cofty
    they are looking for part-time recruits who will be willing to serve at Bethel without salary or any transportation fee reimbursement

The sad thing is there will still be plenty who will see that as a privilege.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Here's a link to a thread I started to try and consolidate the various bethel layoffs around the world.

Consolidated World Branch Layoffs Thread

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks for this. I really want to keep up with this situation.

I meant "layoffs". My bad. Lay off of me about the misspelling OK?

Ha! I'm a stickler for grammar, spelling, etc., and I didn't even notice it. I guess I was so anxious to read your post.

• disfellowshipped1
    disfellowshipped1
    I noticed this List of Branch Offices Worldwide is being updated as the information gets added.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Hmmm....I wonder if the Governing Body will have to forfeit transportation, laundry service or cook their own meals (sarcasm)? Me thinks NOT! It pays to be a rock star!

Wait...maybe the GB will pawn their expensive watches, pinkie rings, cuff links or donate some of their green handshakes so that some of the lowly Bethelites can survive (more sarcasm).

• Zoos
    Zoos
    The sad thing is there will still be plenty who will see that as a privilege.

Isn't that remarkable? There is NOTHING this organization does that is not perceived as having rainbows and sunbeams of God's direction, concluding that it would be a privilege to support, participate in, and finance it.

I know I used to be locked into that trap too but it still blows my mind.

they are looking for part-time recruits who will be willing to serve at Bethel without salary or any transportation fee reimbursement.

The fat cats have no idea what it takes to support yourself in today's world. NOT A CLUE!

• cognac
    cognac

I have a feeling all these changes we've been seeing lately is just the beginning and I still don't think they've made nearly enough cutbacks to sustain themselves.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    cognac, I sure hope so. It's really strange how I used to come home and watch the news looking for signs that the great tribulation was about to start. Now I come home and check this site looking for signs of tribulation for JWdom. I'm anxious to see what the next year is going to bring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit