No longer qualifies to share in the ministry?

by StephaneLaliberte 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I heard that CO's were provided with a talk outline in which people who dress and act too "gay" could eventually "no longer qualify to share in the ministry", should they not change the way they look!

Has anyone else ever heard of any other reason for which someone would be disqualified from the ministry?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    well, if it gets me out of going out in Service, I'm going to start watching that Patrick Neil Harris show,
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hells yeah!!! This is my way out!! Time to buy some Calvin Klein suits that fit just right in the crotch area! LOL!!

I can't wait to hear this outline! I'm sure it's watchtarded! No doubt it will be nebulous enough to allow ignorant Eldubs to persecute young, stylish dubs until the shop at JC Penny and get their hair cut at Snip & Clip!

DD

• millie210
    millie210

There was a really long discussion about this over on JWTalk a few months ago.

I remember someone started a thread about it here too.

It seems most thought that was just a rumor but based on the "where theres smoke theres fire" idiom, Im beginning to wonder!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Can someone get me the full S-337a-16-E?

ALSO, Time for me to go SUPER effeminate! I will wear tight pants and prance my way out of having to go into service!

Homer Simpson: Has the whole world gone insane?!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    But seriously, do anyone know of any way to be disqualified from the ministry? Even pedophiles have the right to keep preaching...
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

......... Well there goes this dress code down the drain, we've all been told we cant go out in service

looking like this.

• millie210
    millie210
    StephaneLaliberte
    But seriously, do anyone know of any way to be disqualified from the ministry? Even pedophiles have the right to keep preaching

We had a case here locally where a DFd person insisted on going out in service.

The branch was consulted and they said - "leave them alone".

Apparently even being DFd does not disqualify one from being under obligation to preach.

(cough)

So......if there is now a dress code that is really a 180 from the former stance.

• zeb
    zeb

They are so hung up on 'dress'.

I grew a beard (neat) many years ago (have one now too) and one eve the service meeting went on about beards. I was the only one and I had been given no warning at all.

The speaking elders daughter sitting in front of me and my wife was there in all her skimpy finery so my wife in a rare display of support opened up about that too.

jackets in all seasons. Australian summers are hot ! Too hot to wear jackets. Doing the mike with shirt sleeves rolled up.

petty petty rules I am so glad to be out of it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

millie210:

We had a case here locally where a DFd person insisted on going out in service.
    The branch was consulted and they said - "leave them alone".

Sounds like advice they would get from the legal department. Whilst they can say who is welcome at a meeting for field service, they are not allowed to harass other individuals engaged in some form of 'door-to-door work' even if it resembles their own. They have absolutely no say on whether non-JWs want to similarly waste their time 'preaching'. (They also have no legal right to tell JWs that they can't preach, although they might impose religious sanctions.)

So......if there is now a dress code that is really a 180 from the former stance.

It is not a change in stance. The situations are quite different. Imposing some kind of dress code or behavioral code on those who are welcome to engage in their 'work' with other JWs is not related to non-members doing something on their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit