HURRICANE to hit NOVA SCOTIA today..are you READY?

by Special K 59 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Oh,and I had to add,my cats were able to escape before the storm and they are still not back....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Saw the pictures in this morning's paper. Those boats in the harbour didn't fare too well. I guess the lucky one's were those who moved their boats a shore. Looks like a lot of cleaning up to do.

Glad to see everyone has been accounted for.

• shera
    shera

My Kitties are alive!

• Special K
    Special K

It's Wednesday.. and Halifax, Dartmouth is still under state of emergency..since Sunday night.

Still 130,00 people without power.

An extra 200 military personnel brought in.. that makes a total of 800.

All universities and schools still closed.

On the news this am.. they said that they haven't had damage to trees this bad since the Halifax explosion.

Upwards of 1000 trees down in Point Pleasant Park alone.

Glad to see you back on the forum Shera.. missed ya..

Still haven't seen any posts from TALESIN .. yet!

special K

• shera
    shera

Thanks Special,

Have you heard the amount,the damages are in?

Heather

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I spent almost an hour on the phone last night with a friend who works for Canada Post in Halifax. He told me that the mail is really piling up. Apparently, they haven't been able to resume mail delivery. A lot of rural mailboxes blew away in the storm.

He said that Nova Scotia Power is projecting no electricity for the area my home is located in until Saturday earliest. This means the residents have no water, too.

Eastlink got hit very hard. A lot of their phone, cable, and internet service is still off line.

I heard that some idiot was out in the middle of the hurricane and burglarized the Irving on Old Sambro Road at 4:00 AM while the winds were blowing!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Haven't seen Talesin online at all. I fear she's still without power. Poor thing. I hope she hasn't run out of blueberries!

~Aztec

• shera
    shera

Yep,lots of those around.We have teens here dressing in black,where the power is still out,flicking matches on the trees trying to light them on fire.

There was even a guy who lives in my apartment ,that went out in it and was hit by an object that was 7 feet long.Ohhh yeh lets go out and play in a hurricane.

Sadly there has been a few house fires,and the other nite a family died with 2 children.They are blaming it on candles.

• shera
    shera

Aztec,there is still around 180 000 people without power.I'm very lucky to have miine back this soon.

If I knew where she lived I'd bring her some blue berries.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Ohhh yeh lets go out and play in a hurricane.

In my opinion, I think the news media is setting a bad example by reporting sensationalistic "real time" news reports, embedding the reporters out in the middle of the storm. What if one of the news reporters had been hit by a flying object? No matter, if you see a reporter out in the blowing wind and rain, if it's OK for them, it must be OK for you too, right?

It's no different that when the networks embedded reporters in the middle of the Iraq war. Geez....maybe they should have sent Geraldo to Nova Scotia to cover the hurricane?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit