Publisher offers to print CofC without cost!

by Diogenesister 27 Replies latest members adult

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

If I were Deborah I'd totally ignore the hogwashy piece at the very top of this thread. It's laced with negative innuendo, which to me appears to the the real point of the piece, which makes it a POS. Anyone who made that offer to me like that would promptly be shown the door, and that's coming from someone who's given away a lot of work on behalf of "the cause".

Folks there are costs involved with a venture like this, and an individual is entitled to compensation for their time and trouble. If Deborah opts for compensation for her time and trouble it's fine by me. If she opts otherwise that's fine be me too. But the option is her's.

the girl next door, insofar as I'm concerned your initial response to this POS is spot on!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I remember the op has long been interested in making coc widely and legitimately. Intentions are fine. The opinion is that, but the offer is kind. I see no reason to get our knickers in a twist. I am glad to know the drama is mostly over and copies will be available soon. We all want the same thing and having legit copies is honest and wise to preserve ray's legacy and his hard work.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    The opinion is that, but the offer is kind.

Offer? What offer? If the OP were an offer it would have been made to Deborah. Instead it was plopped out onto a public forum laced with vomit-worthy innuendo. The OP does not read like an offer. It reads like a self-serving indictment! It's rubbish.

• blondie
    blondie

I am probably one of the few people on JWN that knows Deborah and her family personally. Those who don't know her that are pulling judgments and opinions out of their nether regions should desist. Ray's books did confirm what I already knew and helped me see that I was not alone. But many ex-jws left without this information so it is unreasonable to think people will only leave if they read his books.

So if the OP has something to say, Deborah's contact info was posted on JWN....look for it and contact her directly. She has many responsibilities as we do, and is handling this appropriately. I know I can trust Simon to have this not turn into a beating for her. Ray and Cynthia loved her dearly and trusted her to handle this. I trust her but then I know her.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Boy, people sure are acting crazy over this travesty. How dare the OP offer to do something for free for someone else! For shame!
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    cappytan: How dare the OP offer to do something for free for someone else! For shame!

I shuddered when I read the OP. The wordplay and manipulative language reminded my of my mother's tactics.

Offer something but with a covert price tag. In other words, "Take my shit because look at what I am offering."

And you know damn well that if you say "no", you lose because the "genorosity" card will get played whenever you step out of line.

Shudder.

A high price tag for a "free" offer.

*to add - I like the "go fuck yourself" response

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

BTW this is a copy of an offer sent to the copyright holder but also posted on social media.

Does it also put forward an opinion with the offer? Yes. But then everyone is entitled to one, are they not?

This person is not responsible for piracy. You guys scare me.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Try taking a sailing trip off the cost of Somalia....you might find some characters commiting piracy there actually worthy of your outrage.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Also this offer is made by the guy who wrote "Paradise Earth: day Zero". Enjoyed that actually.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I shuddered when I read the OP. The wordplay and manipulative language reminded my of my mother's tactics.

PTSD sucks and can prevent us from viewing things objectively. Sorry about your mom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit