A chance for the unrighteous?

by AlainAlam 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS

Revelation 20:4 KJV — And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:6 KJV — Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Who are Christ and the anointed going to rule over for a millennium?
  • AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Vanderhoven7, you're asking "Who are the anointed going to rule over with a rod of iron during the 1000 year reign". I do believe the "two class" thing is biblical (Gen 12 and 22 with the seed by means of which families/nations are blessed, Exodus with the Israelites being a nation of kings and priests, Isaiah with Israel being a light unto the nations and ruling over them, and so on, down to Revelation). But nothing in the Bible indicates that among the nations who will be ruled over during the 1000y reign will be unrighteous persons who will get a chance to learn and change. Or am I missing something?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi AA,

Do you brlieve the righteous OT saints will need to be smitten and ruled with a rod of iron, i.e., strong discipline?

Also where do you find a second group of Christian believers in scripture that are bereft of the indwelling Spirit, a heavenly hope and are not in the new covenant?

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Vanderhoven7, are you still discussing this thread's topic (biblical evidence that the unrighteous will get a chance to learn the truth and change) or are you discussing something else?

• wozza
    wozza

From a JW point of view how can the PAST sins of the dead be used against them when they paid for their sins when they Died?

Yet ,the bible says ,as has been posted earlier they WILL be judged on their past sins or conversely ,on the good things they did? John 5 28.29 the fall guy

You see how pathetically inconsistant the bible is and JW teaching.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

AA,

The point is there will be people who need strong discipline during the 1000 year reign. Neither Christians nor Old Testament saints will require such discipline. Who else, but non-Christians, non-righteous individuals would require such discipline. If you posit a second group of relatively-righteous Christians exist to fill this role, I would like to see what you consider as biblical support.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

Rev 19.5 speaks of "fierceness and wrath". Sounds like destroying evildoers, not teaching them and helping them dedicate their lives to Jehovah.

I don't believe the "relatively-righteous" thing either. I don't believe in the Bible anymore. I'm just trying to see where the Witnesses went wrong, doctrinally.

• caves
    caves
    I don't believe the "relatively-righteous" thing either. I don't believe in the Bible anymore. I'm just trying to see where the Witnesses went wrong, doctrinally.

Oh, dear [AA double bind]. If you don't believe in the bible then the last part of that sentence is moot.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Revelation is about God defeating opposition revenging his saints. If you want to look for some graceful stuff, you can note that the nations receive healing Rev 22:2 and the kings of the earth who were previously under judgment carry their riches to the city as some part of reconciliation Rev 6:15, 21:24. Most likely 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 covers a time after anything in Revelation. I believe it is most likely the millenium started in AD 70 and the saints have been ruling spiritually since.

• AlainAlam
    AlainAlam

JoenB75 thanks for your input. I agree there are graceful bits of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit