A big shout out to the NHS

by moley 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• moley
    moley

Last week I suffered two heart attacks, first one occurred while I was at home, phoned for an ambulance which promptly arrived and whisked me off too hospital, docs decided I needed a stent and during the angioplasty I had a massive heart attack according to the doc that did it. I was unaware as I was out.

But what I want to say is what an amazing organisation the NHS is. From the paramedics to the docs and the nurses who cared for me on the ward who held my hand when I was in pain and were caring and professional. I ended up having another angioplasty and now have three stents. It is a privilege to have universal health care and thus no medical bills. So a big shout out to the NHS which I know takes a lot of bashing but to me they were life savers

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I am happy you are getting good care and doing well. Will there be any life style changes in your life? Hope you have a speedy recovery. Still Totally ADD

• zeb
    zeb

Relax, stay calm, eat well be kind to yourself.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow...sounds like you dodged the open-heart-surgery bullet...congrats! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Holey moley ,sounds like you really dodged a bullet their my friend . Paramedics do a marvelous job in caring for those in emergency situations . I hope you have a speedy recovery .

And where would we be without the NHS especially older ones and those that are most vulnerable .?

what an amazing organisation the NHS is. From the paramedics to the docs and the nurses who cared for me on the ward who held my hand when I was in pain and were caring and professional.

I couldn`t agree with you more THESE PEOPLE are the REAL lifesavers of the world .

Not some two bit insignificant small time real estate publishing agency from America that poses as a religious organization that continually preaches doomsday that never eventuates .

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Yes indeed! The NHS saved my life. 3 operations within a 2 year period. It didn't cost me a single penny.

• Searril
    Searril

The merits of a national health system can certainly be argued, but to claim that medical expenses cost a person nothing is obviously incorrect.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wish you a full recovery Moley--time to take life easy.

yes--our NHS really is still the jewell in the crown of the UK

i had a heart attack in 1996..and was in intensive care for a week. after a few years of palpitations, chest pains, GTN sprays...i was found to have very high cholestrol --hyperlipidaemia. various statins were tried--finally got the "wonder drug"--crestor. my cholestrol has been below 4 ever since.

later i had a scan for possible gall stones--i was clear--but the "bonus" was an aeortic aneaurism was discovered--in my lower abdomen. it was considered low risk and scanned regularly for years. then in 2016 it had reached a critical size so i underwent a stent operation in may 2016.

so far --so good. i'm 70 now and feel good.

all the above treatment, operation, regular ongoing meds cost me--nothing.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The NHS delivered me and my brother, my 3 children, my 2 grand daughters and 2 great grand children. It has mended broken bones and removed tonsils and other problematic organs. It also provides me with the necessary lifetime medication I need to keep me alive. All costs covered.

Unlike other countries I don't need to haggle with an insurance company to get my meds or find cheaper manufacturers as I see some from my support groups struggle to do because their insurance won't cover the cost. If I need health care the NHS provides it.

Our NHS has its critics and is seriously underfunded but for now is still 100% free at point of service.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    but to claim that medical expenses cost a person nothing is obviously incorrect.

Obviously.........it takes a serious level of participation re taxes to support the British NHS.

However when it comes to needing medical care.......... it's one for all and all for one.

I look forward to the day that health care here in the US is mandated the way Social Security and Medicare is. Because in almost every case you will get every dollar back that you paid out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit