Halloween / Birthday celebration

by River Song 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Peony
    Peony

Hi River

We're having fun too.......it's my hubbys birthday today as well. This is our first year doing Halloween. Bit weird how excited I get when the doorbell goes, used to hide away!!!! Enjoy your evening x

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

It really is exciting and fun isn't it?

We carved pumpkins and will be handing out candy for the first time this year!! By the way we went through 6 pumpkins carving them way too early. Now we know to wait to carve until few days before Holloween..ha ha.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    We have 3 birthdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas in our immediate family. Its pretty much a gift wrapped orgy.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Happy New Year, Riversong!

• Sabin
    Sabin

Hello River Song it's so nice to meet you. We brought lots of sweets but no-one came, so now we have to eat them ourselves. What a bummer. Say happy Birthday to your hubby & eat a piece of cake for me.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    I am looking forward to the evil little bastards showing up at my house very soon. I think they bus them in from somewhere?
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    Welcome River Song............ isn't it a bit like finding your lost tribe? We all live different lives but we are all on the same page when it comes to the JW world.
  • FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Hi River. We had our first ever Halloween party yesterday.....Well it was for the kids really and was such good fun! Then today trick or treaters came to our door for the first time and they actually frightened me!! I gave them some sweets and got excited waiting for more kids....but alas they were the only ones. Trick or treating hasn't caught on so well in this part of Wales (UK).

Hope you enjoyed yourselves, it's great being able to join in now isn't it!?

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

Happy Deathday to Charles T. Russel. lol Welcome

• River Song
    River Song
    I want to tag everyone back that asked questions but I can't quit right now. Real quick because we are going to eat dinner before trick or treating I just wanted to respond. Yes, I can and will give a longer post with my story soon. And yes, it is like finding my own little tribe all of a sudden! And handing out candy is fun, although the first year I got so nervous when the doorbell rang that I babbled nonsense at the kids and upended the bucket of candy into the kids pail. Just more jw recovery nonsense I guess. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit