Cheese!

by neat blue dog 30 Replies latest social physical

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Any cheese lovers out there? I just love virtually any kind, from creamy and soft to brittle and sharp, from cottage cheese to the 'moldy' cheeses like gorgonzola. I like to try new things, so any suggestions for cheese varieties you have tried? đŸ˜‹

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I am into Italian hard cheeses like Asiago, Parmesan, and Romano. I like when you shave pieces of these cheeses. I also like creamy Havarti. I put Muenster on my breakfast sandwiches in the morning.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I love Havarti as well. Alpine Lace is also a treat. Don't believe I've ever actually had Asiago, will have to give it a go.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I love cheese, but it is full of fat and I have tried to limit it. I try to use FF mozzarella on my pizza or my meatless meat balls for a meat ball sandwich.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Blownaway - Italian hard cheeses are lower in fat. I do not recommend that powdered stuff cheap italian places and pizza restaurant put out on their tables.

Asiago, Parmeasan, and Romano are all powerful in flavor. Make sure you shave them thin.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Know of any good cheeses in the 'vein' (pun intended) of Bleu cheese, etc., something with intense flavor?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'm for 5 year cured extra-sharp cheddar.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Sounds good, I didn't realize cheese was aged that long. Then I found this:

https://m.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2012/10/08/the-oldest-edible-cheese-in-the-world

• scotsman
    scotsman

Époisses washed down with a Sauternes.

Dolcelatte with drizzled honey and toasted almonds.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Époisses sounds interesting after reading Wikipedia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit