No Private Beliefs Allowed!

by BereanThinker7 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

Looking for references that talk about witnesses not being able to hold any private interpretation or belief that isn't in line with official doctrine.

I know I've seen them before but of course now I can't find any of the more in your face statements.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Watchtower are like cats. You have to be surveillance even in the bathroom 😂

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

thats super helpful thanks

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They go ahead and baptize naieve, young and impressionable youths even in their pre-teen years. Then they go and change beliefs and doctrines on a whim without any question(s) allowed. Any dissenting views are met with harsh and unusual discipline with cutting - off from family and lifetime friends and left for dead.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

Can people not read?

I am asking for quotes from the organizations publications, where they spay that individual JWs should not hold beliefs other than what the organization teaches even if they keep it private.

help would be appreciated

• carla
    carla

Can people not read? - I realize it is frustrating when searching for something but remember others do not have everything at the tips of their fingers at a moments notice. Where have you already searched?

It is out of the goodness of people's hearts that they give answers at all, be kind when you can. Many here will take time to search out specific jw quotes to help you and out of interest of others. When they do it is a favor granted.

Have you googled, jwfacts.com, ex jw reddit, ex jw sites, youtube's? (just to name a few)

• JeffT
    JeffT

I hope you can read this. I’m having trouble with my cut and paste.

*** w06 7/15 pp. 22-23 The Creator progressively reveals the truth to his people. Hence, our understanding of the Scriptures is bound to be refined from time to time. The vast majority of Jehovah’s people rejoice over such refinements. A few become “righteous overmuch” and resent the changes. (Ecclesiastes 7:16) Pride may play a role, and some fall into the trap of independent thinking. Whatever the reason, such murmuring is hazardous, since it can draw us back into the world and its ways.

*** w83 1/15 p. 27 Armed for the Fight Against Wicked Spirits ***
    Fight Against Independent Thinking
    19 As we study the Bible we learn that Jehovah has always guided his servants in an organized way. And just as in the first century there was only one true Christian organization, so today Jehovah is using only one organization. (Ephesians 4:4, 5; Matthew 24:45-47) Yet there are some who point out that the organization has had to make adjustments before, and so they argue: “This shows that we have to make up our own mind on what to believe.” This is independent thinking. Why is it so dangerous?
    20 Such thinking is an evidence of pride. And the Bible says: “Pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling.” (Proverbs 16:18) If we get to thinking that we know better than the organization, we should ask ourselves: “Where did we learn Bible truth in the first place? Would we know the way of the truth if it had not been for guidance from the organization? Really, can we get along without the direction of God’s organization?” No, we cannot!—Compare Acts 15:2, 28, 29; 16:4, 5.

*** w83 1/15 p. 22 Exposing the Devil’s Subtle Designs ***
    Avoid Independent Thinking
    20 From the very outset of his rebellion Satan called into question God’s way of doing things. He promoted independent thinking. ‘You can decide for yourself what is good and bad,’ Satan told Eve. ‘You don’t have to listen to God. He is not really telling you the truth.’ (Genesis 3:1-5) To this day, it has been Satan’s subtle design to infect God’s people with this type of thinking.—2 Timothy 3:1, 13

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Nice read, thanks Jeff!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I had private beliefs.

I was smart enough to keep ‘em to myself, though.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Watchtower told members some years ago not to speculate . Doesn't that cover everything with personal beliefs? It's only the GB that have authority to speculate or have a personal belief on things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit