Is it Logical To Beleive In A Creator - GOD ? In This Scientific Age ?

by smiddy3 40 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t think so . Hasn`t Science ,Astronomy ,Time , .....proven it an illogical beleif ?

With the information about this Solar System and it`s Planets ,other Stars and their Planets that we have information about ,and the fact that no GOD has ever revealed him/her self in any shape or form 'there is no evidence that a Creator / God has ever existed.

Except in the minds of humans who want to control a section of humanity .

The fact that religions rely on "you have to have faith" to beleive in a God ,surely is a cop out.

I look forward to your comments .

And a Happy New Year to you all.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Smiddy - you're right - there is no evidence for the existence of God.

But science cannot really comment one way or the other re the existence of God. How would scientists go about collecting data for a being that is meant to be invisible and which lives in a different 'world' (heaven)?

It's up to religious people to establish God's existence, something they haven't done.

Re creation/intelligent design - it is illogical to believe in this because all the evidence suggests humans evolved from a type of ape at least 200,000 years ago. So we can say with some certainty that the Adam and Eve story is bullshit, but not necessarily the existence of God.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think that, as long as there are questions we do not have answers for, people will fill that gap with explanations of their own. Non-religious people are becoming a larger percentage of the population in some countries, and I expect this to continue for awhile, but I also think it will reverse at some point. There are a lot of things we don't know and have not figured out, and as long as those gaps exist, our need to be certain will guide us towards religious belief.

Science has, in my mind, made a certain type of god seem illogical. But that type --the all powerful interventionist who wishes the best for us-- is the one that we'd all prefer to be real, so it persists (even if the examples available don't quite fit the description, if you dig a bit deeper). The more likely type is one that probably doesn't care that we exist, aside from our use as a test case for future universes. That isn't very comforting.

• waton
    waton

Solar System and it`s Planets i.m.h.o., the solar system is a non biblical message from a possible creator.

take the 10s: the number of our digits. Brought to the simplest ratios, the planetary orbits* give our planet the number 10 .

In 1/10 AU,: from Mercury to Pluto: Mercury 4, Venus 7,+3 = Earth10, +6 = Mars 16,+12 = Asteroids 28 +24= Jupiter 52, +48 = Saturn 100, +96 = Uranus 196 neptune 292, + 192 = Pluto 388. ( minim .3 AU maximum 9.6 Au. doubling of orbit diameter spacings. , and:

Earth orbit diameter: 1000 seconds.

surface gravity: 10 msc^2

orbit velocity: 1/10 000 of "c" * the speed of light the max universal speed limit

ratio of moon and earth rotation: 1:100*

atmospheric pressure: 10 meters of water. and

the ha ha factoid: Noah's flood: 10meters rain per hour. makes you cry., watery eyes

All this, and life itself could have seemingly created itself, prompted by the eternal energy and laws given to the universe. No hands- on -work needed, as I.Newton thought.

Creation, a creator is beyond what we can think. The bible and it's religions present but a caricature of the immense work we live in.

* independent of what units of measure used.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What is a logical conclusion? We can disagree as to the most logical conclusion to reach, since it is the product of human reasoning. Our thinking is affected by our life experiences.

When I look at the natural world in all its wonder , I find it entirely logical to conclude that it was formed by an intelligent creator. I know that many others also look at the same things and conclude differently.

I don’t think it can be proven to everyone’s satisfaction, but that is my logical conclusion.

• waton
    waton

There is a lot of disrespect, disdain, ridicule for people that do actual work. There is tremendous energy, work locked up in creation. just because we are discovering the expanding gaps in our knowledge, find out how how things work, naturally, does not mean it was not work in the first place.

"by their works you will know them" . ( using the new neutral pronoun craze to describe the supposed father figure)

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

so it all came about and us too by an accident or big boom and we are accountable to nothing or no one. How does that make you feel to know that you can do whatever you like and never have to be accountable? ( oh, but you have a conscience!-but surely that would get in the way of science! ) ( just want to add that many have died and become disabled these past 2 years because they were told to trust the science!)

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    enoughisenough: How does that make you feel to know that you can do whatever you like and never have to be accountable?

I don't think that this is ever the case, regardless of the existence of a god.

1. We are social beings and we build relationships with others on a great many levels. There are a lot of things that I could do that would not be illegal or even wrong, yet I would be accountable for them because they might affect my relationships.

2. We live in societies where there are laws, regulations, and codes and we can be held accountable for the things we do by those societies. Even at a lower level, we deal with rules and regulations in workplaces, neighborhoods, public spaces, etc. We can be held accountable for our behavior in all of those situations.

I do not think that concepts of right and wrong are a problem for science. If we can reason out right and wrong, we can develop morals and ethics. No gods required.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It never was logical to believe in a creator in any age. And as to morals, this here Atheist does what is right even if big brother or Sky daddy isn't watching me, because I have a Moral Compass.

You lot who are only moral out of fear of your imaginary friend frighten me !

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Phizzy, TonusOH,where do you think the moral compass came from? The Bible refers to it as "God's Law"

Romans 2:15, NLT: They demonstrate that God's law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit